hi i have a marshall mg30dfx. i plugged it in the wall, forgetting that europe uses 220 voltage. well it made this buzzing sound and now it doesnt work anymore. i dont know what to do now is it the fuse or something? if so how can i find it, im not good with electronics..
no idea but people will prolly tell you to get a new amp, for your own good,.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Take it as a blessing and replace it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I plugged mine directly into the mike input on my laptop and now it makes a buzzing noise too. I replaced it, but I would like to fix it well enough to sell to some loser.
you're going to get bashed because it's an mg...

the nearest tech near me charges at least 30$ american just to look at something. if it's worth that much to get it fixed, then I would go that route. otherwise, i would sell it as is. or if you're adventurous, maybe mess around with a multimeter and try to pinpoint the problem. be careful though, there are caps in there that could electrocute you if you touch the wrong thing, even when it's unplugged..
i dont know much, but i think the output transformer is what goes wrong when you do that. I think so though, im not sure though. putting a new OT in it will cost you nearly as much as the amp.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
The problems that could have come from this little mishap are too many to list. Check the fuse. If you are lucky that blew and saved your amp. If the fues didn't blow then it'll be cheaper to replace your amp than it will be to fix it.
Not taking any online orders.
If the 220 got to the internals its junk. And how exactly did you plug it in most countries you would have had to modify the plug to even plug it in. And getting SS stuff fixed isnt cheap. If its not the fuse time for a better amp.
thanks for the advice guys i'll probably just forget about it then..
Quote by Tackleberry
If the 220 got to the internals its junk. And how exactly did you plug it in most countries you would have had to modify the plug to even plug it in. And getting SS stuff fixed isnt cheap. If its not the fuse time for a better amp.

i used this thing that goes on top of the american plug so it can fit in the plugs here. but anyways i'll just look for a better amp though..
Someday maybe there will be a universal electric system. The 110/220 and 50/60 cycle thing is crap.
Quote by CorduroyEW
The problems that could have come from this little mishap are too many to list. Check the fuse. If you are lucky that blew and saved your amp. If the fues didn't blow then it'll be cheaper to replace your amp than it will be to fix it.

+1. My offhand guess though is you cooked the input/power supply transformer, which while not as much as an output tranny, is still worth more than an amp. Let this be a lesson to you not to travel without an external transformer for Euro voltages.
Quote by Tackleberry
Someday maybe there will be a universal electric system. The 110/220 and 50/60 cycle thing is crap.

I hope so. It annoys me as well.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.