Page 1 of 3
I had a dream last night that I was given a vintage-esque black on black P-bass with maple neck, and it was so lush. Before I never really cared for P-basses, but now I do, and I plan on buying one eventually, so post some awesome looking ones!

I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Jonn0
I had a dream last night that I was given a vintage-esque black on black P-bass with maple neck, and it was so lush. Before I never really cared for P-basses, but now I do, and I plan on buying one eventually, so post some awesome looking ones!

inspired by a dream to buy an instrument, sounds like...

oh no, wait, its just fenders sleep-time marketting scheme
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Well Jonnomainman had to completely go WAY too far and post the best P bass ever, so I can only offer my meager contribution and hope it is worthwhile:

I love the old P basses. Also natural finish ones are very nice.

(Invalid img)

In advance, yes I know some aren't a "P-Bass" in the sense of the word, but most do have some of the defining characteristics of a P.

And sorry, for the large pics.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Just finished modding it
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles

Just finished modding it

damn that's nice!
a couple more from Sandberg, god I love that company

Quote by Jonn0

Those Delano pickups look sweeeet.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
That green one with the black pickguard is lush looking. Again, I'm GASing after 2K USD basses...
Quote by smb
*sighs* Too bad you're reported.

*Sighs* Too bad you have nothing to report me for. I actually contributed to the thread, while you on the other hand spammed it up by calling me out.

And to continue, Fenders do look nice. But I just hate how they play.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
*Sighs* Too bad you have nothing to report me for. I actually contributed to the thread, while you on the other hand spammed it up by calling me out.

And to continue, Fenders do look nice. But I just hate how they play.

I would hardly consider throwing out a statement like "Modern Fenders blow", expecially then not even giving reason as to why, "contributing".

That green and black one is very sexy btw.
Quote by Captain Insano
I would hardly consider throwing out a statement like "Modern Fenders blow", expecially then not even giving reason as to why, "contributing".

That green and black one is very sexy btw.

Yea, but I just didnt give a reason why. They dont play well.
This thread is not about Fender. This thread is about P basses. You'll notice there have been plenty of non-Fender Ps posted: Squier, SX, Sandberg, Sadowsky, Lakland and Valenti. Anything against those brands? Because I don't want to hear your opinions on them either, at least not until you post some nice pics.

this is for lush p basses, so I definitely will not post my junker
Check out my baby.

-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
Check out my baby.

Dude, that is a freaking sweet inlay job . Also, the symbol on the pickguard is a nice touch.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by Jonn0

What is that second bass and where can I buy it?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by kranoscorp
Check out my baby.

Is that the Metallica thing on your pickguard? It kinda looks like but I can't tell.
Kranoscorp, Hows it play? Or is it just a wall piece?

as for me:

Or:

Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
It plays like a dream, something most SX users cannot comprehend.

It was my first bass, my squier affinity. I sanded the finish off, changed the pickup, and messed around with the neck. I have no idea what the sticker is, but it looks cool.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by kranoscorp
It plays like a dream, something most SX users cannot comprehend.

It was my first bass, my squier affinity. I sanded the finish off, changed the pickup, and messed around with the neck. I have no idea what the sticker is, but it looks cool.

For someone who hates them so much you do give them alot of attention
Anyway nice inlays.

And that sandberg P bass looks orgasmic o.O
Quote by brandooon
Behold the daddy of them all:

My infamous 16lbs. '51 Precision.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Fender American Deluxe Precision V

And the bass that I am currently GASsing for, The Deluxe Precision modded with a U-Retro Deluxe Preamp
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by Jonnomainman

NO tone knob?
WTFBBQ.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Page 1 of 3