I bought an ESP EC 1000 from Ebay and after receiving it and trying it out on my Peavy 5150 i found that in drop C it was incredibly muddy, with almost no string definition! I thought it may have been the strings so I completely restrung it and it is still terrible. It goes out of tune very easily, very muddy, low distorted sound with no definition. Can someone help? Is it the active pickups, are the batteries running out?
What are the amp settings and do you have active pups in it still?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
ESP I Dont think Ever made an EC-1000 Model, so either you got ripped off or you just didnt mention it was LTD

Replace the Batteries, as Said above. EMG's should have a Lot more deffinition than what your describing. also try turning the gain on the Amp down a bit.
probably the batteries
i also find emgs work better with lower gain

as for the tuning, what string guage are you using?
Top lel.
Yeah lol I mean LTD sorry. My amp settings are fine, and that wouldn't explain the strings going out of tune. I will replace my batteries and see, but is there any other explanation?
Those are locking tuners. Did you lock the strings properly?
Check your tone and volume knob, too. Sounds stupid but it's actually a very common mistake.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

it was the pickups, i changed the batteries and now its fine. Cheers for the help guys, this forums awesome!