i know what the radius of a neck of a guitar means, like a gibson with a 12" radius, which is means that the neck is wider than a 9.5" fender neck. But what does a nut width indicate ? 1 11/16 is for gibson and 1-21/32" if for fender. I dont know what that indicates. So is it like all the guitar with a 12" radius comes with the same nut width?
Nut width is the WIDTH of the fretboard at the NUT.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
No, the nut width is the width of the nut. The bit at the headstock end of the neck that keeps all the strings in line.

And you obviously don't know what the neck radius is if that's what you think. The neck radius refers to the shape of the fretboard, I could expand more but I don't really want to right now and think you should learn the names of all the parts of the guitar before you go searching for measurements; that way you'll understand better what they mean.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
**** i thought that the radius mean the how wide or narrow the neck was. ok i got it, the radius is of the fretboard. yeah that makes sense now.

but what does the nut width gotta do with playability?
Quote by lpmarshall
**** i thought that the radius mean the how wide or narrow the neck was. ok i got it, the radius is of the fretboard. yeah that makes sense now.

but what does the nut width gotta do with playability?

It affects the string spacing along the fretboard and a thinner nut means a thinner neck which would make it better for smaller hands and probably better suited to fast playing but it's more about preference than anything else.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.