Page 1 of 2
So pit, I have decided to buy a new mp3 player and to get rid of my old one.

Any suggestions on which I should get?
ipod!?
Quote by Snap017
Why listen to it? That song is for emos, homos, and girls.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
And Def Leppard aren't cool. Hell, rabies and Robert Mugabe are cooler.

Ibanez MTM2
Epiphone G400
Marshall MG15MS
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Morley Bad Horsie
iPod.

There is no other viable option.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
Creative
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by guitarking15
ipod!?

kinda fed up of the old iPod since, that's the one that everyone seems to only suggest.
iPod
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Creative, got the 30gb Vision:M for 100 quid, they're built to last unlike iPods (my last one died on me, so i got the Zen)
Creative Zen. Unlike the iPod, it has an FM Radio, you can change the background, you can record, you can make playlists as you're listening to music, and you rarely have to convert videos, you just transfer it to the Zen and you're done.

Most importantly, you don't have to deal with iTunes. You just drag and drop or use easy to use software.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by freedoms_stain
What do you need in an mp3 player?

I would guess one that plays music... Don't try and be an individual, just get an iPod, they are the best.
*waits for a million replies telling me I'm wrong*
Quote by freedoms_stain
What do you need in an mp3 player?

Preferably one that has a nice display, usual audio playing capabilites, don't really need all the video playback abilities though.

Was checking out the Creative Zen, any good reviews for it?
Quote by rock.freak667
Preferably one that has a nice display, usual audio playing capabilites, don't really need all the video playback abilities though.

What sort of capacity?

The Sony Walkman is interesting to me, but they don't do particularly high capacities, but 36hr battery life is great. Most Mp3 players these days have like a third of that if you're lucky.
iPod classic.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Munchlaxatives
Creative Zen. Unlike the iPod, it has an FM Radio, you can change the background, you can record, you can make playlists as you're listening to music, and you rarely have to convert videos, you just transfer it to the Zen and you're done.

Most importantly, you don't have to deal with iTunes. You just drag and drop or use easy to use software.

You can set your iPod to be a "drag and drop" too. I have mine set to that. Which I like better then Syncing to your library because I can bring my iPod to my friend's and take songs from his library and when I plug it back into my computer they dont get deleted because they aren't on my computer.
Quote by freedoms_stain
What sort of capacity?

The Sony Walkman is interesting to me, but they don't do particularly high capacities, but 36hr battery life is great. Most Mp3 players these days have like a third of that if you're lucky.

Might need like 8GB of memory or more. I'd like to get one with a good battery life, my video iPod really had some battery problems,like it'd be fully charged but wouldn't come on unless you attatched it to the wall outlet.
iPods like to break, get a Creative or Zune.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by rock.freak667

It's one of the best rated Mp3s available. It has a much longer battery life than an iPod, but it is considerably bigger.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by Munchlaxatives
It's one of the best rated Mp3s available. It has a much longer battery life than an iPod, but it is considerably bigger.

The pictures of it don't look that big, but once it isn't bigger than the iPod video, it'll do.

I guess I'll see I can buy it.
Quote by Munchlaxatives

This.

And they're cheaper than iPods.
Quote by Munchlaxatives

+1 They also tend to be much more reliable than iPods.
Last edited by RO$$ at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by rock.freak667
Might need like 8GB of memory or more. I'd like to get one with a good battery life, my video iPod really had some battery problems,like it'd be fully charged but wouldn't come on unless you attatched it to the wall outlet.

I have an iPod nano. The ones with 8gbs new generation. It works great for me and iTunes isn't much of a deal.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by rock.freak667

Zune.
whats the life of an 80gb zune i need a replacement for my ipod which i had replaced twice in one year :-/
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by rasveer
whats the life of an 80gb zune i need a replacement for my ipod which i had replaced twice in one year :-/

I have had my 30GB zune for about a year and the battery is still good.
+1000000 million to everyone that reccomended the zen vision, kicks the **** out of my old 30gb ipod, 10000 more features, also has lasted much longer than it and has taken much more beating.

Only thing i miss is using it with iTunes and the fact it organizes all bands begining with "The" under "T" unlike the iPod.
Quote by freedoms_stain
What sort of capacity?

I love my Walkman. Only 2Gb but it's got all I want on it.
Quote by beckyjc
+1000000 million to everyone that reccomended the zen vision, kicks the **** out of my old 30gb ipod, 10000 more features, also has lasted much longer than it and has taken much more beating.

Only thing i miss is using it with iTunes and the fact it organizes all bands begining with "The" under "T" unlike the iPod.

but is there any difference with the Zen and the Zen Vision W?
Sony Walkman ...
One of the newer ones tho coz the older ones had to have a special software ...
Define - Berk - A fool, prat, twit; An idiot, in an affectionate sense; C*nt
Quote by GiantRaven
Does the Creative Zen have an inbuilt battery or not?

No its external
Quote by Masonpwiley
No its external

So is that a...yes?

Theres no need for sarcasm...I want to know if it has an inbuilt battery that you charge or it requires battery that you can replace. Whats wrong with that?
Quote by GiantRaven
So is that a...yes?

Theres no need for sarcasm...I want to know if it has an inbuilt battery that you charge or it requires battery that you can replace. Whats wrong with that?

Oh I thought you were asking if the battery was outside the player or not.

I think the battery is not replaceable. (well, you CAN, but yo have to take it apart.)
Page 1 of 2