to guitar hero post here. Anyone got friends who play guitar/other instruments, or used to, or were going to but now play guitar hero more than they do the real thing. I mean I hate guitar hero, but in a big group of friends or at a party its a bit of fun (sometimes!), but its the nerds who play it to get good which annoys me.

Anyway I have lost 2 friends to guitar hero
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
It's just a game. If you want to waste your emotions hating it it's your issue, not your friends'. Anyway, I'm sure more people have ditched their friends to play WOW, or for their girlfriends (perhaps not the same people.)
Quote by Flying Couch
What is the deal with the GH hate?

The controllers give him penis envy?
i mean it has it context and i never hated it till i met nerds who thought it was the be an end all of there life if they didnt get 98%. I mean guitar is already a pretty casual instrument in comparision to others like piano. Like the majority of guitarists dont know theory to the same extend a pianist does. But the thing that annoys me most is when you mention a song, and they go "Ow that one of GH" and i am just like fuming. And with rock band coming out its getting worse. But anyway back on topic anyone else lost friends?
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by rigiddigits
It's just a game. If you want to waste your emotions hating it it's your issue, not your friends'. Anyway, I'm sure more people have ditched their friends to play WOW, or for their girlfriends (perhaps not the same people.)

Well said
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
No. But none of my friends play anyways. And they all suck at GH
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I dont hat GH. I just hate it when people replace real guitar with GH or act like GH is an instrument of some sort
Isn't that the point of videogames... to get good at them? And have fun while doing so?

"WUT!1! yOu AKTuaLLY gOt gUd At HAFF LaiF 2 aFteR aWhYle uV PlaYinG it? LuZr"
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Shut up, are you going to play a game to not be good? That's why there's online and more difficulties. I suppose it's terrible that people play Call Of Duty to get good too

sucking at cod4 sucks. the big kids make fun of you over the mic.
Well, I have friends that play GH, but I wouldn't say I have lost them to it. If anything, I'm glad they play it - at least they're listening to better music than the usual rap/RnB they usually listen too.
I don't hate because people who play it think they're "rockstars," I hate it because it's boring as hell and 75% of the songs blow.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by hazzmatazz
Well, I have friends that play GH, but I wouldn't say I have lost them to it. If anything, I'm glad they play it - at least they're listening to better music than the usual rap/RnB they usually listen too.

i lost myself to it..... its just somin i had to beat cuz i bought it, i had fun playin it with friends and stuff and then got hooked on tryin to beat the games (2 and 3)...... now i dont really play it at all and just enjoy the real deal with my ibanez

its nothing special, its just a game that keeps u busy when ur bored as hell and dont mind "playing" songs that really suck

they should have never put it on xbox 360 tho, cuz now people try to get achievements for faking guitar..... thats a bit ridiculous

Quote by bendystraw
sucking at cod4 sucks. the big kids make fun of you over the mic.

sorry dude..... haha, i dont use my mic when i play people in cod4 cuz i like them to swear and stuff at u for winning when u can just ignore