How many Different tunings do you know? Today (18/06/08) i was looking in a magazine and it mentioned the tuning for 'Kashmir' by led zep (D,A,D,G,A,D) so I tuned to that and then tuned every string half a step down (C#,G#,C#,f#,G#,C#) And it's a bit odd. I'll have to get used to it. I usually use Drop-D (D,A,D,G,B,E)
I use two tunings. I use Standard and also D6/9 (D, A, D, F#, B, E). I keep most on my guitars to standard and one to D6/9.
Wiki:

Each of the six strings can be alternately tuned as low as a whole step lower and as much as a whole step higher without stressing the neck or the strings. With five possible tunings for each string (+2, +1, 0, -1, and -2), there are as many as 15,625 possible tunings for a six-string guitar.

There we go.
I know of A few bands that play in drop Db (Db, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb), Alexionfire just to name one. I know loads of tuning though. I think the lowest I've ever gone was drop B, but the only one close to that I actually use is 1 1/2 step down, just for BTBAM. I don't think i've ever tuned up though...
Quote by webbtje
Wiki:

There we go.

So TS, inclined to learn every single tuning ?
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
I mainly use standard and drop D, although my acoustic is always in either dadgad or D minor tuning

I've used drop B before for alter bridge - broken wings, and a few open tunings for slide but that's about it
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
You don't realize the possibilities without mathematics.

But, mathematics won't tell you what's going to sound well...

My favorite tunings as of late: DAEF#BD
Ok. I didn't know that there was *checks again* 15,625 different tunings. I'll certainly try the DAEF#BD and the DADF#BD. I recently tuned my guitar to C#G#C#E#AD