I'm gonna be getting an Epiphone Les Paul Standard in about 5 weeks, so i just want to know, since i want to protect my baby (big step from last guitar [look at sig]). Which case should i get?

Should i get this one (cheap - $49.99): MusiciansGear Case
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Les-Paul-Hardshell-Case?sku=540949

...this one (expensive [twice as much] - $89.99): Gator Case
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-Deluxe-LP-Type-Case?sku=544782

or just get this one (middle price - $59.99): Epiphone Case
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Hardshell-Case?sku=517248

Which one would all of you prefer?
O O

___
i have the 1st one, granted i have a hagstrom its still about the same size and shape as a les paul, and its way too big. you can hear it slamming around every time you carry it.

just kidding i looked at it again and its different. my bad. haha
the musiciansfriend and epiphone cases are probably the same thing. the gator is probably built a little better and has better hardware. i would go with the musiciansfriend case.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
The cheapest. They all do the same thing anyway and are all the same with a different name and price on em. So, cheapest I say.
i have a gator case. not the one that you have a link to but it is a soft case, but is still very hard. its a hybrid i believe. i got it for 50 bucks on sale and it works very well. it only weighs a couple of pounds so it doesnt add a lot to the already obscenely heave les paul
Quote by happytimeharry

We'll see how badass they truly are after their shins have been ravaged. Shin kicking is serious business.
Quote by mikeyElite
get an skb. they're suberb

what he said, i have one and its awesome. it was $120 got it for $85
Quote by Strat = Love
i have a gator case. not the one that you have a link to but it is a soft case, but is still very hard. its a hybrid i believe. i got it for 50 bucks on sale and it works very well. it only weighs a couple of pounds so it doesnt add a lot to the already obscenely heave les paul

They're mad out of a very stiff foam. I have one for my acoustic. Very light, handy if you want to wear it like a backback and suck. I wouldn't want to drop something really, really heavy on them, but they're well built and awesome cases nonetheless. So convenient.
get the cheapest! lol my Dad has a $20 case from the 80's and it still protecting his les paul!! It has a bunch of stickers on it and there is alot of wear on the outside but the inside is still nice.
hey, i just noticed that i'm gonna be getting the same guitar that's in the pic for the MusiciansGear case (1st one)... does that mean i have a better chance for it fitting better???

...the guy in the 5th review says something similar to what i'm asking.
O O

___
The cheap musicians gear case wont fit a epi LP standard. I bought one a little while back and a standard is to long to fit. Fortunatly it fits my LP100 but its loose inside and had to add a little padding so it wont move around. The epi case will fit really good thats what my standard goes in. So spend a little more and get the epi case or the gator.