Hi guys.

I thought I would do some shameless advertising for one of my friends webcomics that he has been working on for quite some time, though It doesn't get that many views.

I like the storyline and I thought that some of you guys might aswell.

Here's the link

http://morko.dyndns.org:8080/tmnl/index.php?id=1

Please tell me what you think
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
wha
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
So, I was playing this game called BioShock..

EDIT: Impression of the first comic. Sorry of none of the rest follow such a scheme. It probably sucks anyways, like most webcomics.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
... meh, looks too cliche.
Although, it could be interesting if the person has a good imagination, which he lacks in the first comic

Also, it looks like the scene was taken from a NES game
its not bad, i've read better but ive also read alot worse, not bad at all.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Really tacky first comic, sorry.
I'll read a bit more and see if it gets better.
I'm really bored, so i'll read a few.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You probably have to read a bit to get the hang of it, the story can be a bit slow in the beginning.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
Hmm... they're fighting against robots?

Doesn't look like it... it looks like they just are hanging around an office doing dumb stuff.

Skips to last comic:

Looks like stuff became more interesting, but i'm still bored at it. It's a quite tacky comic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
nah, not my sort of thing. I prefer fast, funny comics.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Also theres no way in hell you'll get me to read 360 comics for the hell of it unless they're incredably funny

I'm talking Thinkin' Lincoln funny here...
Quote by GiantRaven
theres already a typo in the first panel

DITTO

good spotting though.
Okay, at least I can share your opinions with him (btw, we are both finnish, English is not our strong side :P

Thanks for the input.

-George Carlin
I read as much as I can take, and I can see why it doesn't get many views :/ Even more annoying is the guys running commentary at the bottom pointing out how clever he is by 'referencing' other stuff on the internet that nobody cares about. Bretonia is like in Warhammer haha
I read four of them. That was all I could take.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
In the first one he says "npt" instead of not.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by GiantRaven
theres already a typo in the first panel

I lol:ed at that quite a while at first. But after close examine I realized that it was a star placed just under the "o"
After reading the first thirty or so comics, I've come to the following conclusions:
The comic does not, in fact, stray from its cliche tone. It even mentions the word "cliche" in one of the comics, and that seems to be a desperate attempt to not be cliche, sadly, everybody does it when they don't want to sound cliche.
The punchlines don't work. A lot of them are inside jokes, random phrases, or nothing at all. The latter two are a lot funnier when Cyanide and Happiness does it.
The characters are cliche . Two ordinary people working in a business fighting robots? It's a good thing I haven't heard that one before, otherwise I might have questioned the comic's originality. The token hot babe doesn't really help it, either.
Finally, the most obvious and annoying aspect of the comic is the explanation at the bottom. Because the comic consists of a ton of inside jokes, the messages are used to explain them. Comics shouldn't do that. You should be able to figure out the joke without reading some extra commentary. Also, a lot of the time, it also expects the reader to be a complete retard and not understand the jokes, so they explain it at the bottom. This isn't a book where you can put a wall of text. And even in books, the text is both entertaining and written in a way that a person can interpret it in any way they want. Putting a message like that at the bottom completely defeats the purpose of a web comic. People don't go on the Internet to read web comics that are written as elementary school level books, they go there to read web comics that are both funny and witty. This comic fails at both.

/rant
Quote by Karvid
Long Rantt

I can see your point, I guess the comic is mostly for his closer friends, including me. It might not be that entertaining for most people but I thought i'd se what you would think. About the commentary, he added that after creating about 300 comics so It's not like he has done it all the way through.

There are som good ones in there but unfortunately It takes a while to find them. But I think he is thankful for the constructive critisism.

-George Carlin
This is a reply from the creator:

Hello, Nikthir here. I have read the various posts in this thread and have come to respond to them accordingly.
I have always accepted and appreciated constructive criticism, and when I was asked for permission by Petterblo to post the link at this forum, I understood I had a chance to get some "real" criticism. This is just what I needed.

While I am fully aware that the quality of the comics and the story up to around #178 is close to abysmal, it should be worth noting that at that point we had no intention of publishing this comic on the Internet in the first place. The first comics were considered as "drafts" to get a simple story going. I know this shouldn't happen, but it just did. Simply overhauling the beginning at this point would be kind of wrong in my opinion, the same goes for simply erasing it.

I should also let it be known that I am in no way trying to measure up to great webcomics such as Bob and George, Cyanide and Happiness or Sinfest. I never intended No Limits to be more than a small-time project. However, I am always seeking to improve the comic in any way possible. I just think this comic shouldn't be judged according to (or even compared to) these webcomics, even if the ordinary reader often wants to do so. We at No Limits aren't trying to be professionals.

As for the commentaries - thank you for giving me your point of view. I seem to have been too afraid of having the reader miss out on plot points, and thus overexaggerated on the explanations and references. From now on, I will consider the writing more carefully. The commentary is not crucial to the story anyway, so if it does bother you, just ignore it, pretend it's not there. Maybe I can ask the comic host to place a toggle button next to the commentary.

The "actual" storyline begins at around comic #178, so if anyone is willing to give No Limits another chance - start from there: http://morko.dyndns.org:8080/tmnl/index.php?id=178 - it should be entirely possible to catch the story from there.

Once again, thank you for your point of view. I will take it into consideration in future comics and make No Limits more... easy on the eye. Suggestions of improvement are also warmly welcome. In case anyone wants to directly contact us regarding this, do so at this page: http://morko.dyndns.org:8080/tmnl/contact.php

-George Carlin