So, as my title reads, I'm looking for a funk tone that could also pass as a decent metal tone. I don't if that is possible but if anyone has found something like that then, it would be great if you could tell me. Right now I am using a Squier Vintage Jazz bass and a Fender Rumble 100 amp. The amp has a 4 band eq: bass, low mid, high mid, treble. The bass has two pickup volumes and a tone knob. Again, I'm not sure if this is possible, I might have to just eq back and forth every time I want to play something funky or something metal. Right now my amp settings are at:

Bass: one o'clock
low mid: 3 o'clock
high mid: 10 o'clock
treble: 11 o'clock
Look into Faith No More (The band)?

I usually go with...

Bass: 7
Low Mids: 6
High Mids: 4
Highs: 6

EDIT: Meh, someone who's less lazy than me may go into detail >.<
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Last edited by AboveTheBridge at Jun 18, 2008,
As suprising as it may seem, metal and funk require fairly similar settings.

I would recommend having the bass around 1 (o' clock), low mids to 11, high mids to 1, and treble to 2, as a starting point. Should give a solid, cutting tone.

As for the bass, both volumes to full (possibly back off the neck pup a bit to taste) and tone knob adjusted to taste.

Remember, experiment. If it sounds good and works, it will be fine, regardless of the 'normal' settings.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1