Which Goth series guitar is better?

Criteria: 1-10, 10 being the best
Playability:
Sound:
Look:
Feel:
Value:

EDIT***

After playing both in a studio setting, I personally like the SG (G-400) more.

Playability: 9
Sound: 8
Look: 10
Feel: 9.5
Value: 10
Last edited by Cody Comatose at Jun 19, 2008,
Def. not 10 for value and looks... imo.

And wouldnt feel and playability be in the same category?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Well if you like the Les Paul, get it, i doubt there will be a huge difference between the two seeing as theyre the same series..

If you know the differences between the two on a normal basis, they'll probably apply to these.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by Flying Couch
The Les Paul is better, but I think they're all pretty ass, honestly.

You mean kick ass?
Well I have the Gibson Les Paul Gothic Edition. (discontinued)

Playability: 8 Its hard to play the higher notes rather than on say a schecter or another brand like that. Also, when playing from frets 1-3 for a while (like Master of Puppets by Metallica) My wrist hurts from the thickness of the neck.

Sound: 10 I LOVE the deep sound of my amp and les paul combined, it gives me the heavy Chevelle sound but still the ability to play some randy rhoads.

Look: 10 I really love the way this thing looks, cresent moon and star at 12th fret. Satin black just makes it beautiful.

Feel: 8 1/2 It is VERY heavy, the heaviest guitar i've ever played, thats a downside when sitting down, can put your leg to sleep.

Value: 9 I'd say this is about a 1300 dollar guitar, but I got it on a going out of business sale for 750, so i'm def happy with mine.
Last edited by Guitarfreak777 at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by Cody Comatose
You mean kick ass?

No. Forgive me, it's become common where I live to use 'ass' as an adjective, and I'm afraid I've fallen victim.

I mean I do not think very highly of the Goth series. I try them out when I see them, their sound is not terrible, but they've all suffered from terrible action. The Vs were alright, though.
Quote by Cody Comatose
You mean kick ass?

No, he really meant ass .

My RG looks better than that. Seriously. And for the record, the SG looks better out of the two.

BTW, did Gibson even make the Goth series? I thought it was only for Epis.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude

My RG looks better than that. Seriously. And for the record, the SG looks better out of the two.

Check my post :P
Quote by aznrockerdude

Maybe, but the Epiphone is the one im talking about. Value wouldnt be on there if they both cost $299 each. XD
The SG is better.

The Goth SG is a G-400, which is made to the same standards as the Standard LP.
The Goth LP is a Studio model, which is crappier in every possible way.

There's absolutely no debate about this, the SG is the better choice. But of course most people on UG are biased to Les Pauls (hey, I am too usually), so they're going to get more votes anyway.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.