So I need a bass amp that will be loud enough for band rehearsal and small gigs and that is good quality.
This amp looks pretty decent so I was wondering what the bass forum thought of this amp?
I play mainly Classic Rock and Rock and I use an Epiphone Thunderbird or an Fender American Jazz Bass.

If not this amp what other amps can you recommend within £300 (~$600)

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I've found one http://www.total-music.com/catalogue.php?category_id=&product_id=3428
but I dunno whether do trust it, its £200 below the RRP
Ideas?
Last edited by 666hamish666 at Jun 21, 2008,
Honestly this is what I would do. The Rumble is okay, but you may as well get a better amp. Sell your thunderbird for a little more cash, then you can probably get a Fender Bassman 250/210, which is more than twice the wattage, and much better quality in all aspects. The only problem is that the wattage on it might be a little low. But then again, I compete with two guitarists...
You want at least 150W for gigs, more if you won't have a PA system (150W so you have a decent moniter).

And you have an American Fender, why would you use an Epiphone?

I'd agree with IndianRockStar, and sell the Epiphone for an extra $200 or so, which opens up a new load of amps. The Fender Rumble series are ok, nothing more, nothing less.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I played through a Fender Rumble 100 210 at a gig last week. The volume was cranked up to 3 O'Clock. I could not hear myself on the stage. I had one drummer and one guitar player.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I have it and it's served me well, its a great practice amp, fairly decent tone, built like a tank, and the wheels are a plus.

That said, if I could go back in time and re-do my amp buying experence, I think I would have gotten an Ashdown MAG or Bassman instead, it's simplely just doesn't have the wattage.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by thefitz
I played through a Fender Rumble 100 210 at a gig last week. The volume was cranked up to 3 O'Clock. I could not hear myself on the stage. I had one drummer and one guitar player.

Did you guys have monitors/pa? That seems strange. I used the same amp set around 3'oclock/75%ish as well against a vox ac30 custom classic and an agressive drummer. The others heard me as well. Granted they said it sounded muddy and probably had a good bit of speaker distortion, making me sound like crap...but I was still heard.

To the TS: The Rumble 100 could work unless you're competing with 2 loud guitarists, but as everyone else said...buy better if you can afford it. Now that I have my SVT3 Pro, I use my rumble 100 as my house/practice amp.
Everyone's already commented on the lack of wattage to which I agree, but am I the only one who finds that line of amps to sound kinda, meh overall?
That's what I use, I find no problem being heard with a guitarist with a 120 watt and another with 4 x12s. Has horrible highs, they hiss if you turn them up too much. I admit it doesnt have the best tone but I think it serves me well enough. When I get the money I plan on selling it and getting a whole new rig. Basically, try it out. You may like it. I loved it, But then again I loved anything considering before this I played through a guitar amp and had no bassy tone at all.
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
BBE Stomp Sonic Maximizer
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
Quote by dmntr
Did you guys have monitors/pa? That seems strange. I used the same amp set around 3'oclock/75%ish as well against a vox ac30 custom classic and an agressive drummer. The others heard me as well. Granted they said it sounded muddy and probably had a good bit of speaker distortion, making me sound like crap...but I was still heard.

To the TS: The Rumble 100 could work unless you're competing with 2 loud guitarists, but as everyone else said...buy better if you can afford it. Now that I have my SVT3 Pro, I use my rumble 100 as my house/practice amp.

Monitors only played the voice. We were responsible for our stage levels. I could not hear myself with one guitar stack across the stage and one drummer beside me.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by anarkee
Everyone's already commented on the lack of wattage to which I agree, but am I the only one who finds that line of amps to sound kinda, meh overall?

I bought mine for $350, and compared to the other amps that price range, I think only the Ashdowns sounded better.

:continues kicking self for not getting an ashdown:
Im used my Rumble 100 with a highly agressive drummer and 2 guitarists BOTH using 100 watts each and i could still here my self clear as day. Volume was at 12 o clock BUT i was using a compression and it boosted my volume a bit
Quote by anarkee

i 100% agree, it lacks in every department quite considerably aswell i might add
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
is the ashdown mag combo that is around 415$ worth it? is it better than the electric blue series?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
is the ashdown mag combo that is around 415$ worth it? is it better than the electric blue series?

I assume the one for 415 bucks is the MAG, which I would recomend highly.
Quote by Bass-man43
Im used my Rumble 100 with a highly agressive drummer and 2 guitarists BOTH using 100 watts each and i could still here my self clear as day. Volume was at 12 o clock BUT i was using a compression and it boosted my volume a bit

Here's the explaination.

1)Your guitarists have poor amps and are barely turning them up.

Coinciding with

2)Your drummer is either not aggressive, or has a tiny kit.

Alternatively

3)You are not hearing yourself. Registering the fact you are playing notes does not mean anyone in the crowd, who does not know what you are playing (the brain is good at filling in blanks) will neither feel nor hear you.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I could hear myself clear as day. The drummer was using a rahter large kit 22" bass drum, low tom, high tom floor tom all that. Ton of cymbals. Double kick. Guitarists used Fender 100w 4x10. Other one used Vox 2x12 100w they were both at the... 10-11 o clock ish position. And yes i could hear myself perfectly fine. Bare in mind EVERYTHING was mic'ed i was run through DI box... everything came through monitors and through a bunch of speakers on the floor near crowd. But my stage volume was fine i could hear myself.
Quote by Bass-man43
I could hear myself clear as day. The drummer was using a rahter large kit 22" bass drum, low tom, high tom floor tom all that. Ton of cymbals. Double kick. Guitarists used Fender 100w 4x10. Other one used Vox 2x12 100w they were both at the... 10-11 o clock ish position. And yes i could hear myself perfectly fine. Bare in mind EVERYTHING was mic'ed i was run through DI box... everything came through monitors and through a bunch of speakers on the floor near crowd. But my stage volume was fine i could hear myself.

That isn't just 100W then. That is having a PA system, with it as an additional moniter.

If you did not have that PA system, you would have been drowned out.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1