Hi there

So I've just been watching the documentary about him from 1994 called The Artist Formerly Known As Captain Beefheart and was wondering, where did he go? I know he stopped doing music in 1982 to focus on a painting career but there are some reports that say he has a long-term illness and others that say he is fine and just doesn't want to be in the public eye. Does anyone else have any idea or is that the most people know?

I also think his music is fantastic, very unique and interesting to listen to. One of the best avant-garde musicians I've heard.
I know he painted for awhile but I don't think he has produced anything in a few years. Friend reports confirmed that he does not have an illness, he just prefers to be out of the public eye. Which isn't surprising considering his past.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Why, whats happened in his past? That would make him want to stay out of the public eye?
Beefheart was never exactly a "rock star" and many of his interviews suggest that he detested the media and the public eye. Also probably why he hid behind the name "Captain Beefheart" rather than going by Don Van Vliet.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Ah right. I've only ever a seen a few of his interviews and he always seemed uncomfortable in them.