Firstly I'd like to say i hope i've got this in the right place (God help me if i didn't)

Right here's the deal...
My band has a gig on Sunday and our drummer can't make it. We found a replacement (our ex-drummer) and he couldn't make it either. We've now found a third drummer .
Do you or do you not think that he will be able to learn the following songs in 4 days?

Time is running out - Muse
Bulls on Parade - RATM
Are you gonna go my way - Lenny Kravitz
But Honestly - Foo Fighters
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix (Do i really need to tell you)
Plug in Baby - Muse
Killing in the name of - RATM
Beer - Reel Big Fish

So what do you think

Sorry it's a bit long

EDIT: sorry, i forgot to mention he's 14 so he does have to go to school
Gear
Guitars
PRS CE22
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
B.C.Rich Warlock Bronze series (raffle prize)
Pedals
Crybaby from Hell
Blackstar HT-Dual
Line 6 DL-4

Amp
Cornford Roadhouse 30
Last edited by saul-huds0n at Jun 18, 2008,
if hes good
he should be able to
if he isn't
sadly, dont do it

how come your only doing covers?
i am not a drummer miself, but is he good? is he a fast learner? because i dont think some average drummer can learn those songs in 4 days (maybe he has to go to work or school etc.)

but then again, i am not a drummer so i dont really know.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
nothing that is epic in drumming style
and if he sucks
light his kit on fire for a good memorable show
Quote by xxmoshoutxx

how come your only doing covers?

We've only been together for a few months and original songs in 4 days would be harder
Gear
Guitars
PRS CE22
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
B.C.Rich Warlock Bronze series (raffle prize)
Pedals
Crybaby from Hell
Blackstar HT-Dual
Line 6 DL-4

Amp
Cornford Roadhouse 30
Your missing I cum blood - Cannibal Corpse
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Coming from a drummer, I know for a fact that people aren't going to notice if the drums are spot on. They will recognize the songs from the guitar, so technically he doesn't really need to learn them note for note, just as long as he stays in time.
The only bit of any song that will be difficult will be the mad drum freak out in Killing in the Name

Otherwise you should be ok
Quote by TNA
Coming from a drummer, I know for a fact that people aren't going to notice if the drums are spot on. They will recognize the songs from the guitar, so technically he doesn't really need to learn them note for note, just as long as he stays in time.

Agreed.
As long as he's familiar with the songs, which, if he isn't, he can easily become if he listens to them over and over, and as long as he can rely on you to give him a nod when any changes that he's unsure about occur, he should be able to jam them pretty well.
drums isn't as vital to be perfect as, say, guitar, so long as he has an idea of what he needs to do and he can keep in time it should be alright
hello
As long as he's in time everything should work out ok.

Quote by FreedomFighter
Get it right and God will come down and say, "Here son, have MY ballsack".