okay i'm already have set on what i'm amp looking at, but just for fun i'll look at other suggestions
so make any, preferably a head cuz i'm looking to hold on to my mg cab for a while, and put it to use
so anywayy
criteria:
50-100 watts
at least 2 channels, reverb and volume for each, or just one master volume for both channels
all tube
decent to good cleans
from bluesy tones to metallica, megadeth, slayer thrash sounds
suggest away
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Well, I'd say you'd be better off selling the MG cab as any head through it will sound that much worse for being played through it. I would add that to your fund and buy a traynor ycv50 blue. You could get excellent slayer and megadeth sounds since it is a very marshall-y amp. It sounds good with lo gain and has excellent cleans.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
That's about £300... so if it's variation you're looking for, a Line 6 is probably the way forward. Spider series, perhaps?
Quote by sebbowen
That's about £300... so if it's variation you're looking for, a Line 6 is probably the way forward. Spider series, perhaps?

Fail. Spiders suck and will not give this guy the tone he wants.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by sebbowen

This dude's got BALLS.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by sebbowen

NOO!!!!!!!!!
I second Kevin's statement.
Quote by sebbowen

wow
i've owned one of those before my mg (i know two horrible amps, i'm learning though lol) definitely not a good choice

Quote by Geartrigger
Peavey JSX or maybe a JCM 900.

ah you hit it on the head, the 900 is what i thought might be it
anyone else think so?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by dannyisokay
This dude's got BALLS.
'

yeah he must, the brain that he wasn't given went downstairs
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
soo
jcm 900 or traynor ycv50 blue?

I don't know Traynor, but I know a fairly good deal about Marshalls.

A 900 would be nice for all-around playing... pretty much anything. I played a used one that I think was not in terrific condition but it showed good potential. Make sure you have quality tubes and bias it correctly.

I'll put in a plug for my baby, a JCM2000 DSL50. The DSL50's cleans are known for not being quite as good as previous Marshalls, but they're actually quite versatile. If you plug a patch cable into the back to connect the FX send IN and OUT, you can get very nice cleans in my (and lots of people in marshallampforum.com's) opinion. The ultra gain channels are very versatile as well and can get you anything from saturated (blegh) modern tones to punchy (awesome) classic tones.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by sebbowen

Well, atleast your conversion skills are decent.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by sebbowen

I've noticed a lot of spider suggestions recently. Not good. I'd say a traynor or marshall. Can do the cleans and blues but can do that british voiced metal.