i know ive asked this before but i didnt get good answers. im getting A 400$ peavy valveking 112 and the only problem is the distortion on it doesnt get as "heavy" as a solid state amp. so wich pedal(s) should i get to solve this problem? (btw would anyone know a good way to sell some old guitar pedals of mine?)
First off, tube amps get heavier than solid states. Any good metal band you hear is gonna be playing a high gain tube amp. Second, a tubescreamer or one of it's many copies will do what you want.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
for selling guitar pedals you could try the classifieds here on the site
Plenty of options here, but with tubes forget the word distortion, think OVERDRIVE, and the big ass one, not that ****ty overdrive modeling on a transistor. With a good overdrive pedal you can achieve pretty much anything.

I'm getting a pedal myself to get a little bit more cutting leads while keeping the grain on my guitar's sound, I'm going to buy a ibanez ts9 (which I know are a bit sucky stock) and mod it at least to get a ts808 circuitry (2 resistors and the chip, which will be mounted on a socket so mods will be easier after the first). More than that, if you're a soldering nerd you can mod some other resistors (not sure which of 'em) to get more range out of the pedal, from low-end growl to more all-out gain. All that for a 100 $ ts9 & some time of yours, not bad eh.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Do you have any links to the mods? I found a couple online instructions but no mod kits. I have a TS9 but it's noisy as ****.
Quote by ssublime1
Do you have any links to the mods? I found a couple online instructions but no mod kits. I have a TS9 but it's noisy as ****.

check out the active thread called: New Pedal Day I believe for info on what The Spine Surfs and Bostonrocks might be able to help you with.

and Jdog - the Ibanez Tubescreamers are good for OverDrive (OD) as well as the DigiTech Bad Monkey.

Big Muff for metal disti but i doubt you will need it for the Valveking. Could be wrong, haven't tried it.

Also, a Wah pedal is good not so much to go 'wah wah' but you can tweak and distort your sound just oh so slightly by adjusting the pedal and get a nice off key distorted sound much like Master of Puppets.

again...long post but i know you are going to GC tomorrow. Have fun!