ive always wanted a uivibe type pedal. But, i always try to not use many pedals, plus they are just too expensive for something i would only use maybe once in a show. Ive looked and looked for some kind of Uni-vibe diy kit. of course ive had no luck.
but then, i came across a video on good 'ol youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv_Kzj8bt1c

he is playing a danelectro chicken salad. Its marketed as a "vibrato" pedal, however its actually a Uni-vibe clone. and it only cost $30. I know the problems with most cheap danelectro pedals, they come with plastic cases, and bad buffers. If i get this, i will be modding it for true bypass.

does anyone have experience with this pedal? im not too worried about getting it, its only $30 bucks. I can at least use it in the studio if its not stage worthy. I would like to know if its as good as it seems to sound in the videos. thanks.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Jun 18, 2008,
Sounds like you could probably get sounds like that out of a phase 90
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Sounds like you could probably get sounds like that out of a phase 90

i tried a phase pedal once and couldnt really get the Hendrixy/robin trower kind of sound out of it.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Hmm, well byoc's vibrato is "under repair" but that might be worth the wait since it's probably some type of clone of the uni-vibe.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Hmm, well byoc's vibrato is "under repair" but that might be worth the wait since it's probably some type of clone of the uni-vibe.

ok, cool. ill look into it. i hope it really is a uni-vibe type thing and not a straight up vibrato.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
It says analog vibrato, so it's hard to say. They're not selling it right now so there isn't a detailed description up.
yeah i noticed that. and it said "dont email us asking about what it will be, when it will be here, and how much it will cost." haha, there not real friendly
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Why not? Its only $30, then you'll spend another $15 for a nice metal enclosure and a 3PDT switch. Sounds cool too.

Modulation effects aren't like overdrives or compressors or wah's, its sometimes hard to spot the cheap ones from the quality ones, cause they all sound a little bit unnatural.

I may end up doing this exactly. Thanks for the idea.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by SRVStrat808
Why not? Its only $30, then you'll spend another $15 for a nice metal enclosure and a 3PDT switch. Sounds cool too.

Modulation effects aren't like overdrives or compressors or wah's, its sometimes hard to spot the cheap ones from the quality ones, cause they all sound a little bit unnatural.

I may end up doing this exactly. Thanks for the idea.

yeah, im leaning towards this. i dont even think ill switch the enclosure. i doubt im gonna break it. esp. since its not like a dirt pedal where im going to be be turning it on and off alot, i will probably use it once maybe twice during a show. if it breaks, then ill put it in a nice new metal case.
btw, i hear that sometimes they dont work with batteries. so im gonna look into an adaptor.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Well, i have the Danelectro French Toast - and it gets really noisy when you use an adapter. With a battery its much quieter. But all their pedals are noisy. I don't know if its an easy fix, but hopefully its repairable.

Anyway, is it easy to change the pots/enclosure?