I need a computer that is able to use my Line 6 Toneport UX1, Cakewalk's Guitar Tracks pro 3 and able to run firefox (not a big deal at all).
it doesn't matter if its a laptop or a desktop and the condition doesn't matter either i just need a very affordable computer

Guitar Tracks pro 3 requirements

Toneport requirements

thanks
WOO
Any laptop with a 1.6GHz or more processor, and 1GB or more of RAM would be fine.

IOW, pretty much any laptop manufactured in the past 12 months.
I would go look for a PC with at least a 2GHz processor...Dual core and higher ratings would be better...
Ram/memory - 1GB will work for you, 2GB will be best epically if you get vista...

Nice features to look out for:
Firewire/1394a port (usually 6 pin on desktops)
4+ USB 2.0 connections
2+ PCI card slots

I currently run an Acer Aspire T180 with stock 2.20GHz processor, added 2GB RAM, added 8600GT video card, and vista. I have no problem at all other than when I do video editing and max out the processor.....(but video work will work nearly any computer to the max...)

The Acers and other desktops can be had for cheap if you keep an eye out at slickdeals.net.
My computer cost me $300 after upgrades.

Laptops are best for DAW type work IMO, I suggest sticking with them. They are also cheaper than a laptop and so you will be able to get more bang for the buck.

Laptops are best for DAW type work IMO, I suggest sticking with them. They are also cheaper than a laptop and so you will be able to get more bang for the buck

Laptops better than laptops you say? =P