I'm looking into a purchasing a wah. I'll be playing hendrix, SRV, and really need it to be versatile. I was checking out Teese RMC 2 and 3, the hendrix experience pedal, the red specail brian may pedal, dunlop crybaby, and vox. I really don't know i've tried almost everyone and i just would like opinions on the durabilty of these and if you guys have any of them.
The crybaby 535q is pretty versatile, so is the dime wah. I haven't really tried much else.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
As far as I know the Teese RMC wahs are the best. Even Joe Satriani uses them!
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
I have a 1970ish Dallas Arbiter Wah Baby with a vintage Fasel Inductor (which i modified with a new pot and true bypass), and if i hadn't stumbled on it for such an incredible price, I would have bough the RMC Picture Wah. Most vintage accurate tone I've heard out of a modern wah.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
under no circumstances should you ever buy a pedal like the May or Hendrix ones. They're really not that good. From what I've heard, the Teese wahs are really nice. John Mayer uses one and SRV used one for about year before he died I'm pretty sure. You also might like an original Crybaby, although they can be a little hissy. I don't know too much about the Vox wahs though.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

The Dunlop 535 and Ibanez Weeping Demon are the most versatile wahs i know (though the ibanez does sound better for metal rather than classic sounds). The Vox will give you a very classic sound but don't work great with high gain. The Brian May pedal IS NOT A WAH however...

I have a Weeping Demon and love how it works (turns on simply by rocking it if u set it to automatic) but it doesn't give me much of a classic sound. The only other pedal i know that does that too is the Bad Horsie II which is used by Steve Vai. From what i've heard it's a great wah pedal.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jun 18, 2008,
Ok i checked into SRV john mayer and jimi's rigs and they all used vox/(SRV & JM) used Teese. I can't decide if i want the RMC 2 or RMC 3
I'm looking into either the RMC2 or 3. I'd get the three, but the fact that you have to open up the pedal to adjust settings kind of puts me off. Is it as annoying as it sounds to adjust it? Also, where can you find these? I've looked all over and can't find them.
::Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
::Fender MIM HSS Strat w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb and killbutton
::Digitech Whammy, ZVEX Fuzz Factory, EHX MicroSynth, Kaoss Pad 3,
Boss GE-7, Fulltone OCD, Digitech Digidelay, MXR EVH Phase 90, FoxxTone FuzzWahVolume
You can get them from the teese website, I think. Other than that, just google it. That's what i did.
Quote by benjammin21
Ok i checked into SRV john mayer and jimi's rigs and they all used vox/(SRV & JM) used Teese. I can't decide if i want the RMC 2 or RMC 3

SRV used crybabies...good, old 80s crybabies
john mayer..no idea
hendrix, yes, hendrix used vox

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
hey
I bought my teese rmc3 off pro guitar shop. best thing ever it ****s all over the dime crybaby. Maybe you'd like a rmc4 better? its more like a hendrix wah, but the rmc3 is great, and im not a fiddler, im just using the stock settings
Sigs are too hard to think up
Hendrix experience is pretty efficient.

Can't go wrong with a crybaby.

But Vox wahs can help you if you're hendrix heavy.
RMC wahs are pretty awesome.
The most recent versions are exteremely good.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH