When I got my orange tiny terror a week ago, I was surprised by the amount of gain it has. I almost never turn the gain control past 3 o'clock (this is more than enough for metallica with my guitar). The trouble is I can't get a nice clean sound at any decent volume without playing really lightly.

The only thing which helps is by switching on coil tap on my guitar, which lowers the output volume (single coils are less powerful than humbuckers).

What sort of pedals could i use to clean up the sound? some sort of limiter/compressor?
or just use an OD pedal to get my distortion?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Try rolling your volume down on your guitar, as this will drive the amp less, giving a cleaner signal, but you will loss volume!
Graphic EQ and a Compressor/Limiter. You could also use a volume pedal, either one with a treadle, which allows for volume swells or just a switchable one, although you can use an EQ in the capacity.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Graphic EQ and a Compressor/Limiter.

+1
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War

there isnt much you can do other than turning down your volume.
when i bought my fender HRD, everyone said things about how the dirt channel was bad. but guess what, you can buy a pedal and make it dirty. you cant by a pedal that magically makes a dirty sound clean.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
there isnt much you can do other than turning down your volume.
when i bought my fender HRD, everyone said things about how the dirt channel was bad. but guess what, you can buy a pedal and make it dirty. you cant by a pedal that magically makes a dirty sound clean.

Which makes me wonder why fender just couldn't make the dirt channel sound good in the first place.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Which makes me wonder why fender just couldn't make the dirt channel sound good in the first place.

come on, isnt that too much to ask for. An affordable good sounding amp, with plenty of features, and ALL of the features sound good. No way, thats impossible.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
^My F-30 hits that right on the head. I can find no fault with this amp other than having more gain than I need. Then again, that's what the "gain" knob is for.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^My F-30 hits that right on the head. I can find no fault with this amp other than having more gain than I need. Then again, that's what the "gain" knob is for.

it was sarcasm haha.
BTW, how much does the F-30 go for?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I've seen as low as 400 on the bay, but usually around 500. I got this one for 580 with a v30 in it. I'm think I'm gonna get a warehouse green beret and sell the v30 for about 100 and make 40 bucks.
Quote by Amitio
Try rolling your volume down on your guitar, as this will drive the amp less, giving a cleaner signal, but you will loss volume!

Can't speak for the TT, but it's usually not much of a volume loss in my experience, especially when you consider that you usually want your distorted tones to be slightly louder anyway...
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I've seen as low as 400 on the bay, but usually around 500. I got this one for 580 with a v30 in it. I'm think I'm gonna get a warehouse green beret and sell the v30 for about 100 and make 40 bucks.

oh wow, thats pretty cheap. This guy who lives in my dorm has one. I played through it once, it sounds really nice. Its not exactly what im looking for though. im looking out for a used cheap mesa lonestar.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I tried a lonestar, something about I didn't like. I couldn't put my finger on it though.
really? i havent had the chance to try one out. on paper it seems to be what im looking for though.
Blackface style cleans, 6L6 output tubes. and a nice low to mid gain dirty channel.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Prophet of Page
Can't speak for the TT, but it's usually not much of a volume loss in my experience, especially when you consider that you usually want your distorted tones to be slightly louder anyway...

I can get clean tones on single notes by switching pickups and turning the volume down, but when it comes to chords it starts to break up pretty quickly.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Well I use an MXR 10 Band EQ with my TT and my cleans are fine. But then again I don't really need them that loud. I find that keeping the gain anywhere under 2-3 keeps it pretty clean, but then maybe thats helped by my playing style. I agree though that on it's own the cleans aren't great, but the EQ helps.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
I suppose what i could do is get an EQ and set the volume on it to something very low. Then when I turn the eq on it has the same effect as turning down the guitar volume but to a preset amount.

How much volume reduction can you get on that MXR 10 band, polaroidvision?
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

You could always turn up the volume and lower the gain in conjunction with an OD pedal for when you want some gain.
Quote by FischmungaXTR
I suppose what i could do is get an EQ and set the volume on it to something very low. Then when I turn the eq on it has the same effect as turning down the guitar volume but to a preset amount.

How much volume reduction can you get on that MXR 10 band, polaroidvision?

12db I believe.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Have you tried lowering your pickups?

I've put my neck pickup really low, so when I play it on a high gain rock guitar amp setting, it still comes out pretty much clean, even on vol.10