Well, first off...hello everyone, I was banned a month ago, and now I return.

Now...on Monday, I played at my school talent show. My band and I ended the show with the song Enter Sandman.

I had rented a amp to play with (I only have a small 15w amp). I picked out a Peavy Bandit 112. For me, it seems pretty good. I mainly play metal music, and I found it to sound good compared to my amp.

Well I am graduated from grade 8 and moving onto highschool tomorrow, and my band will probably break up, considering I am one of the very very few who will be not attended the very close high school. Maybe we will have small get togethers every once in a while, but I am hoping to meet people in the high school I am going to, which I can start a band with, or just join one.

My birthday is coming up at the start of July, and I will probably be receiving about a total of $200/300 from family, and about $200 from friends if I happen to have a party.

With this money, I will be able to easily afford this amp (in a used but almost new condition) for $240. On Musicians Friend, it is going for $300 new. Should I buy this amp? Or should I look for something else?

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.
What is the amplifer?
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Um, save more money, the bandit is not a very good amp. If you want a good gigging amp I'd say save atleast 6 or 700 dollars.

Also, no to the line 6 since in that range you're talking about the spider series which just blows.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by corrda00
2 words. Line 6.

I thought you were replying to the guy above you (line 6 is the line the amp I stated is on)

Well the amp is the Peavy Bandit 112

Well now I know what you mean....well could you (or someone else) give suggestions on an amp, one that would fit my needs for playing metal.
Hemm...try out the Vox AD50VT or higher versions. I'm not entirely sure its in that price range excatly but its roughly there. Also try out Line 6 amps, there make plenty of decent stuff.
With $400/500 you could get a Valveking. It's pretty much that amp with tubes, which is better.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Schecter Gryphon w/ Tone Zone & PAF Pro
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Eminence Texas Heat
Line 6 Space Chorus
Marshall Echohead
Morley Power Wah Volume
BOSS MT-2
Vox Satchurator
you might get a second hand marshall AVT 150 combo or the head and stack equivalent, they are pretty good amps

you might also want to try the vox AD range and crate make some decent amps as well

just stay away from line 6 really, lol
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
If you look at crates, look at their tube combos. For the money you can do a lot better than an avt.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Mainly metal you say?
Okay, I don't know about American pricings so bear with me, in order of cheap and cheerful to (I think) most expensive, but better IMO:
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Valveking + Valve & Speaker swap (idk how much this would cost though)
Randall RG50tc

and good luck

edit:
Quote by Sonny_sam
you might get a second hand marshall AVT 150 combo or the head and stack equivalent, they are pretty good amps

They're horribly overpriced new and for the cost of a secondhand one you can probably get a much nicer valve combo (but again, I don't know pricings, but my suggestions are imo better)
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Hemm...try out the Vox AD50VT or higher versions. I'm not entirely sure its in that price range excatly but its roughly there. Also try out Line 6 amps, there make plenty of decent stuff.

Vox is a bit better for blues/classic rock style stuff rather than chuggy heavy metal
Quote by corrda00
2 words. Line 6.

Cube kills the Line 6 in his price range
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Jun 18, 2008,
used b-52 At112
perfect for you.
you don't even need a speaker or tube swap to get good metal tones.
although you may want to do it later on, it isn't necessary.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by Kevin Saale
Um, save more money, the bandit is not a very good amp. If you want a good gigging amp I'd say save atleast 6 or 700 dollars.

Also, no to the line 6 since in that range you're talking about the spider series which just blows.

ehh, if you go used you only need 300-400. For metal, maybe a used B-52 or Randall Rg50tc. At least, I think thats what its called. If you dont want to go used, a roland cube.
Yngwi3 i know you know good when it comes to gear and you mentioned roland cube 60 besides a randall rg50tc. If cubes are really that good should we really buy a tube amp for home usage? Can just buy a roland cube 30x and will it be nearly same with randall?
Vox Valvetronix XL is great
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VTXL30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483004

I saw the demo with the 30 watts amp and it sounds very big..Its a hi gain amp with lead tones and Metal sounds!!Check it

This is also nice:Peavey ValveKing 112
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

PS:If you like the Bandit go for it..Don't hear the others :P