This is driving me nuts..i had an xp64 system but my router wasnt compatable with it so i had to put the ethernet cable directly into the pc which worked, but now ive moved to xp32 and want to move back to usb because ive only 1 ethernet port for xbox. anyway the ethernet isnt working directly via the pc now.

The router was working but now its not and when i try to reinstall it, it says i dont have a LAN connection. Ive updated to Servicepack 3 and also went to mycomputer>manage>devicemanager>USB>update drivers, but that also hasnt worked!

(im writing this on a crappy old pc which i cant use cubase with)

Help!!
What? I'd help you if your post made any sense at all. Your operating system shouldn't have anything to do with being compatible with a router.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
What? I'd help you if your post made any sense at all. Your operating system shouldn't have anything to do with being compatible with a router.

Router says it isnt compatable with vista of xp64 on its website and they arent going to update it...clear enough?
Quote by saphrax
TS, unless you can be more coherent, I feel that getting the local IT goon over would be the best idea...

INTERNET NOT WORKING

ROUTER (SPEEDTOUCH530) IS NOT RECOGNISED NOW BY PC (XP32) DONT KNOW WHY

TRIED TO UPDATE USB DRIVERS AND SERVICEPACK 3

TRIED TO REINSTALL ROUTER

NEVER USED AN EXTERNAL MODEM BEFORE YOU ASK..DONT KNOW WHERE IT IS BUT XBOX AND PC ALWAYS RAN FINE WITH THE SPEEDTOUCH ON ITS OWN
It is a bizarre thing tuwyci to have a riuter that connects to a USB port. There should be no such thing as an incompatible with xp64 router, as networking uses a standardised set of protocols.

Edit:

That's much, much better!

Have you turned the router off an on again?
Quote by saphrax
It is a bizarre thing tuwyci to have a riuter that connects to a USB port. There should be no such thing as an incompatible with xp64 router, as networking uses a standardised set of protocols.

Edit:

That's much, much better!

Have you turned the router off an on again?

YEP TRIED EVERYTHING. GIRLFRIEND RECKONS SERVICEPACK 3 HAS MESSED IT UP. WHEN I TRY TO REINSTALL MODEM IT SAYS I DONT HAVE ANY LAN NETWORK BUT ALL THE LIGHTS ARE ON THE ROUTER
Quote by tuwyci
YEP TRIED EVERYTHING. GIRLFRIEND RECKONS SERVICEPACK 3 HAS MESSED IT UP. WHEN I TRY TO REINSTALL MODEM IT SAYS I DONT HAVE ANY LAN NETWORK BUT ALL THE LIGHTS ARE ON THE ROUTER

THIS GETS YOU SO MUCH MORE ATTENTION, EH?
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Quote by xFeatherx
THIS GETS YOU SO MUCH MORE ATTENTION, EH?

Thanks for the heads up emo kid
Quote by tuwyci
Thanks for the heads up emo kid

Your welcome, jackass.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)