Hello, I think you should visit our band, "Toad"s, myspace

I would say that the music we play is a combination of The Doors, Ten Years After, Canned Heat, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix and a little old Fleetwood Mac.

As you can judge by the band our musicstyle has to be something close to blues/classic rock/psychedelica or just a jam band, hehe!

We haven't had a gig yet but we just got a bass-player so it will happen in near future. An organ would also be really nice, but not necessary...

It's going pretty fast though, we've been playing for like two-three weeks now and we have about 8 pretty good own songs.

See you!
Last edited by FiliphSlim at Aug 6, 2008,
Thanks and yes, I know that the vid isn't the best but at least you get an idea of what we sound like...
One more song, "funky red house", which is very Hendrix-inspired is now up too! You should check it out!

Also added a couple of pics so you can see what we look like, hehe!

Other good news is that we now have a bass-player! Really nice. So we're going into the studio this or next week to record a few songs with the whole band with singing and everything, so stay tuned!

Sorry for the big pic, guys...
Last edited by FiliphSlim at Jul 26, 2008,
I like it. Not much to say, but instrumentals are solid. Just a little lack of vocals.
Yeah, thanks! But as I said, we didn't have a mic to record vocals with on those recordings but that will be fixed when we go into the studio this or next week!

Stay tuned!
"Sweeney" sounds pretty good. The lead guitar is awesome - but I don't hear any bass at all (was this recorded without a bassist?). I think the drums would sound a lot better if they had more of that classic rock punch and groove.

"Mardy One" also sounds pretty good and the drums sound really good here. I think that everything could be turned up louder, and that you need a bassist . Overall, a solid track.

I like the opening riff of "Mardy's Fourth" but I think the drums could sound better. When you get a bassist make sure that he and the drummer get really tight so that they can have some ****ing tight grooves going on together to keep things pulsating.

My final verdict is that the guiatr leads rock, that your drummer needs to pick things up a notch and get that OOMPH into his playing. Once you have a bassist making sure (s)he and the drummer get some tight grooves going to keep everything moving forward. Nice stuff overall, and I'm interested in hearing it with vocals.

If you've got a chance give my acoustic stuff a listen and let me know what you think of it - all comments are greatly appreciated. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968
Quote by Tsunoyukami
"Sweeney" sounds pretty good. The lead guitar is awesome - but I don't hear any bass at all (was this recorded without a bassist?). I think the drums would sound a lot better if they had more of that classic rock punch and groove.

"Mardy One" also sounds pretty good and the drums sound really good here. I think that everything could be turned up louder, and that you need a bassist . Overall, a solid track.

I like the opening riff of "Mardy's Fourth" but I think the drums could sound better. When you get a bassist make sure that he and the drummer get really tight so that they can have some ****ing tight grooves going on together to keep things pulsating.

My final verdict is that the guiatr leads rock, that your drummer needs to pick things up a notch and get that OOMPH into his playing. Once you have a bassist making sure (s)he and the drummer get some tight grooves going to keep everything moving forward. Nice stuff overall, and I'm interested in hearing it with vocals.

If you've got a chance give my acoustic stuff a listen and let me know what you think of it - all comments are greatly appreciated. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968

Thank you very much for the comment Tsunoyukami. Yep, this was just recorded without vocals or a bassist, in my room. Live, with just one cheap mick.

What do you exactly mean with "Your drummer needs to pick things up a notch and get that OOMPH into his playing"? Didn't really get that. He's a beginner at drums, only been playing for like half a year. He's picking it up really fast though, it's fun to see all of us grow as we go along!

But yeah, stay tuned because we'll record stuff in a real studio with waayyy better sound and we'll probably add like harmonica, organs and other stuff as well. Of course bass too.

I'll give your music a try too, tomorrow though, gotta go to bed, haha. 03:20 Am over here

Peace!
I meant no offense to your drummer - what he's doing right now works, but when you listen to those classic rock bands you'll know what I mean by that OOMPH. It's difficult to explain, and it's one of those things that will come with time and practice.

The best way to understand what I mean when I mention that OOMPH is to listen to Black Sabbath's self-titled album, or Led Zeppelin II or something. You'll hear what I mean - the drums just sound really...good.
Quote by manmanman133
God damn guys, if I lived closeby, I'd totally do vocals for you :/

That would've been awesome! You should totally come over!
New updates!

Now ur studio time is "booked" and ready! We're going to begin at 8PM this Thursday!
Don't really know how many songs but at least three!
You guys just have to check this out!
Even though we haven't been in the studio yet, thanks to our reliable studio-man, have we managed to do a few updates on out myspace.

The audio has been very much improved on all of the old songs and there's also a new one called "Jam". Definitely check that one out, on of our best in my opinion!

Also, this friday we'll rehearse for the first time ever with our new basist. Hopefully it'll be really nice.

Yeah, check the myspace out and stay tuned, because we'll hopefully record in studio any time soon!

Peace
YEAAAAAAH, we did our first gig this saturday, it was really nice!

Here's a videoclip from it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzdTJPxH99w
Guitars: Fender Highway one -08, Epiphone SG, Walden acoustic and two parlour-acoustics from the early 30's
Amps: Fender -65 Deluxe Reverb, Marshall Valvestate 8240, Peavey Rage and one unknown one, hehe...
Pedals: Dunlop Fuzzface, Original Crybaby
Quote by Tsunoyukami
Where were you guys playing? The girl who walks by during the second song made me laugh and think "wtf?".

Sounds pretty good overall, some nice jamming there. Good stuff.

Thanks!

Hehe, yeah, I don't know who that was, what she's wearing, but yeah... Wierd...

So were the drums better here or are we still missin that little somethin?
Guitars: Fender Highway one -08, Epiphone SG, Walden acoustic and two parlour-acoustics from the early 30's
Amps: Fender -65 Deluxe Reverb, Marshall Valvestate 8240, Peavey Rage and one unknown one, hehe...
Have two vids up on youtube now and the best one on our myspace!