I'm really confused. I want a Les Paul tone now because I volunteered to teach guitar to kids and a guy brought in a '72 Gibson Standard with a Roland Blues Cube 30 and an EHX English Muff'n pedal. The tone was godly. So now I want a Les Paul, (I have a strat which I think sounds too thin, despite the fact there is a humbucker in it.) but I can't decide between the two. I don't want to buy a guitar without trying it, but Agiles seem like such good deal and the soundclips are really nice. Help Plz?
---▲===
Pink Floyd
Last edited by Grimpenguin at Jun 18, 2008,
I would get the agile, better quality over all. if you can wait for the agile al-4000 to be restocked get it, its very comarable to a gibson standard
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
The Epiphone is way overpriced new at $550.

Let me suggest the $300 Hagstrom Deluxe.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ok cool. But Can you guys reccomend me some extremely versatile pickups? I was thinkng PRS Dragon IIs
---▲===
Pink Floyd
Depends on what you want to play, the Dragon IIs aren't too shabby and should suit an Agile fine but you could have a lot more options out there depending on what you want to play.
I want to install a Jimmy Page wirig mod on it. (I can do it myself) Basically its coil splits, series/parallel switch, and a phase switch. I'm going to lay classic/hard rock to metal (from Styx and Tom Petty to GnR to Quiet Riot/Mettallica) This is all going to be played thru an orange tiny terror. I also want a good clean tone a la Hendrix/RHCP (Hence the coil splits and phase switch) so I don't have to switch guitars playing live.
---▲===
Pink Floyd
An LP-100 is $269 at GC is it that much of a drop off from the LP?
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Agiles are exceptionally good for the $$ that you pay. I've heard from others that the 3000/3100 especially are MUCH better than anything you could get new for that price.

Contact Rondomusic, and ask if and when they will be restocking the al4000 model; I'd get that if I had the option.

Quote by Dav23
An LP-100 is $269 at GC is it that much of a drop off from the LP?

YES! They BLOW. Don't even pick one up. Lowest you should consider is the standard epi (the ~$400US one).
Quote by FacingUsAll
The Epiphone is way overpriced new at $550.

Let me suggest the $300 Hagstrom Deluxe.

+1

Or a used hagstrom swede
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
Quote by RSX
Agiles are exceptionally good for the $$ that you pay. I've heard from others that the 3000/3100 especially are MUCH better than anything you could get new for that price.

Contact Rondomusic, and ask if and when they will be restocking the al4000 model; I'd get that if I had the option.

YES! They BLOW. Don't even pick one up. Lowest you should consider is the standard epi (the ~$400US one).

Wow! I've heard a few similar things about it. I would like one LP but I'm getting a hollow next. I think I may have GAS too?
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
I'm a AGILE owner. Its a AL-3100 all black. Needless to say I sold my Gibson. Agile are a wonderful guitar. Buy it.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |