I got an old Sakie lp copy and decided to pull it apart for fun.
So far i've changed the neck and bridge and removed the neck pick replacing it with LEDs using the old selector switch which isn't needed anymore to activate them.
Any ideas for what to do next will be appreciated. So far it has cost me nothing having the the parts lying around and hope to keep it that way. here's some pics of the project so far.

LP mod thingy

buy guitars please, need money for RGR420ex
Member No.18 of the 'Yes I am Irish and no more Leprechaun jokes please'
"Member #9 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club. PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join"
nice actually seen one of them lying around today many thanks
LP mod thingy

The kill switch is in!!
was thinking about adding a key ignition(one from an old pc) would it work??
LP mod thingy

Add a coil tap and a phase switch... I don't know of any websites that offer a tutorial but you can probably find one around UG.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yeah il figure out the phase switch and all.

thepoles on the key you mean?? just two wires i presume the key just copletes the curcuit beytween the poles when turned on but not sure.
LP mod thingy

My friend took an old ibanez one time and hooked it up pretty good. he built in really small speakers and a detachable ipod holder so he could listen and play to a song at the same time and also like you put leds in the frets and preprogramed it to a tab so the light would be lit acording to the tab. it was kinda expensive though
Yeah was planning on the coil split and all except for a small problem the cheapo pick u only has 2 wires coming from it the other 2 are already joined inside the pickup(im guessing) so I was wondering if I pull apart the pickup will I be able to get the other 2 wire separated?
LP mod thingy

How the hell do you program LED's to flash to a tab? Do you mean to the beat? Because that wouldn't be hard to do... just a 555 in astable operation.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
If you've only got two wires, you will be quite limited. You can open the pickup and add leads for the other two wires, but it is tricky and if you do it wrong you can ruin your pickups. There are tutorials here on UG somewhere.
Quote by asfastasdark
How the hell do you program LED's to flash to a tab? Do you mean to the beat? Because that wouldn't be hard to do... just a 555 in astable operation.

maybe an led under every fret to tell you where to play...seems a little pointless

but an inbuilt metronome would be gr8
yeah i pulled apart the old neck pickup i can get out the other two wires I've done a bit of research im fairly sure i can wire the coil tap of phase switch without breaking it.I think il just have a switch between humbucker and north single coil(its the easiest to wire)

i dont and will never use a metronome so i wont boder with it good idea tho
LP mod thingy