Bands like the Black Angels, Black Mountain, the Brian Jonestown Massacre, the Morning After Girls, the Pink Mountaintops, and the neo-psychedelic sounds of the Astral Kaleidoscope, the Laurels, and other bands like that.

Also included are garage rock bands. One very interesting garage rock band is the Blakes, a Seattle Sub Pop-signed band that works alongside Band of Horses, Fleet Foxes, and indie bands from that label. The Blakes are certainly not typical, as their vocalist is pretty bad at singing. However, they have a sound that takes from Iggy Pop, the Kinks, and other bands.
I'll make there a point because I've been wondering this for the past few weeks...

Where has hyped the Vivian Girls so much?
People all of a sudden seemed obsessed and the record sold out ridiculously fast. I just don't get it, they don't sound that good yet everywhere I go people seem to desperately want the record.

Oh and yeah, this is a pointless thread.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Neither had I until like a month ago then I kept seeing the name mentioned everywhere and they sold out of 500 records in a week!

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
if anyone is intersted bjm forum is back up
now extra flamey
as far as the bands under the genres described by ts, i would reccomend u check out the whigs they are a band from atlanta and they definitely have that real dirty garage rock sound while still having catchy lyrics and melodies
that Vivian Girls band is nothing special. i am glad that i clicked on their page though because somehow i wound up on Je Suis Animal's page. i should really buy their album, but i can't bring myself to pay close to 20 dollars for it.
It's really not pointless, now I know of a few bands from a style that I haven't really heard of, but definitely like the idea of
Quote by uhh_me?
that Vivian Girls band is nothing special. i am glad that i clicked on their page though because somehow i wound up on Je Suis Animal's page. i should really buy their album, but i can't bring myself to pay close to 20 dollars for it.

I hate buying music from Sweden, you always pay twice as much as you would if it was from anywhere else.
Vivian Girls are rather crap if I'm to be completely honest, that's part of the reason why I want to know how they've become so sought after in the past few weeks. It wasn't anything as simple as a Pitchfork review like it normally is.

RateYourMusic