I am looking to get a fuzz pedal and would like to get tones similar to Hendrix, Gilmore, White Stripes, Sabbath, and Cream era clapton. I had a Dunlop fuzz face but I could not seem to get a good tone out of it. Suggestions would be very appreciated. Just for reference I have a Peavey Classic 20 and a Epi Valve Jr. for amps so it would be going in front of a tube amp. Thanks in advance.
Quote by buzzzxx
I am looking to get a fuzz pedal and would like to get tones similar to Hendrix, Gilmore, White Stripes, Sabbath, and Cream era clapton. I had a Dunlop fuzz face but I could not seem to get a good tone out of it. Suggestions would be very appreciated. Just for reference I have a Peavey Classic 20 and a Epi Valve Jr. for amps so it would be going in front of a tube amp. Thanks in advance.

the one in my sig does an excelent clapton fuzz
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Jack White, Sabbath, Gilmour = EHX Big Muff, which was also designed for Hendrix
Thanks for the suggestions. My only concern with a big muff is that the videos I have seen on youtube sound really muddy and muffled (hence the name big muff?) and the sustain and tone controls dont seem to offer much variation. I really liked the tone of your pedal Boston Rocks does it have a tone knob as well as a level and fuzz or just the two?
Quote by buzzzxx
Thanks for the suggestions. My only concern with a big muff is that the videos I have seen on youtube sound really muddy and muffled (hence the name big muff?) and the sustain and tone controls dont seem to offer much variation. I really liked the tone of your pedal Boston Rocks does it have a tone knob as well as a level and fuzz or just the two?

just level and fuzz but I can add a tone pot if you would like for yours it would cost like 5 bucks more maybe
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Check out Frantone. They really know Muffs. The woman who designs Frantone designed an issue of the Big Muff. There Muff based with improvements.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Ive heard tone knobs either dont sound good or arent effective on fuzzes. i dont remember which one or why though.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I'm selling a Roger Mayer Fuzz Face clone, awesome pedal, nails the Hendrix sound.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The tone knob on a Big Muff is massively versatile and very sensitive, you can get a huge range of sounds from it: Stripes bass-heavy fuzz at 12 o'clock to Ron Asheton Stooges trebly snarl when dimed. There is a reason why so many people play BMPs; namely that they're awesome! Play one and see before you discount it - of course it sounds muddy on youtube, the sound compression is terrible!!
Quote by FunkedUp
The tone knob on a Big Muff is massively versatile and very sensitive, you can get a huge range of sounds from it: Stripes bass-heavy fuzz at 12 o'clock to Ron Asheton Stooges trebly snarl when dimed. There is a reason why so many people play BMPs; namely that they're awesome! Play one and see before you discount it - of course it sounds muddy on youtube, the sound compression is terrible!!

i wouldnt say its all that flexible. nomatter what you do you cant change the mids and you cant change the character of it either. i agree its a great sounding pedal though.

TS, the bands you mentioned are both silicon and germanium so maybe look into a keeley fuzz head.

i still think the mi audio neo fuzz is very underrated. it is very versitile and the only thing it cant do is fuzz factory/fuzz god type high gain. well i guess it also doesnt sound like a silicon fuzz but i see that to be an advantage in most cases.
I ended up finding a big Muff Pi russian at a yard sale this weekend for 10 bucks and decided to pick it up. I think it is one of the reissues because it is black instead of green adn looks rather newish. It sounds amazing and just what I am looking for. Thanks for all the suggestions.