Well for my B-day I'm getting $230. I need help on which effects pedals to buy. I looking for a heavy metal tone. Avenged Sevenfold and stuff.. Any suggestions???
(My Gear is in my sig)
Well I guess if you want heavier gain, you can go two ways,

1. Use an overdrive pedal on the dirty channel of your Peavey Valveking which will add a lot more gain ( a lot of choices here, like Tubescreamer, bad monkey, krank krankshaft ect)

2. Use the EHX metal muff on the clean channel of either amp

I would take the first route, and maybe a TS-808 or something
Quote by babyboo666
Well I guess if you want heavier gain, you can go two ways,

1. Use an overdrive pedal on the dirty channel of your Peavey Valveking which will add a lot more gain ( a lot of choices here, like Tubescreamer, bad monkey, krank krankshaft ect)

2. Use the EHX metal muff on the clean channel of either amp

I would take the first route, and maybe a TS-808 or something

Cool cool. Im into heavy stuff. I also would like to buy a dimebag crybaby wh which goes for $120 on musicians friends refurbs..
New speaker and an overdrive. A chorus and delay for good measure too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thanks for helping me guys ...I was thinking about getting a EHX Metal Muff for the clean channel So I can get the Metal Tone I need. The the Dimebag Wah will be used for Nice Metal Wah. Last, I will get a Digitech monkey OD from craigslist If I get Lucky for my distortion side on my peavey to see what that sounds like..Then other effects for Laterz...
Last edited by life_777 at Jun 18, 2008,
If you're looking for a boost for your amp, you might wanna get an EQ pedal. I just picked up an MXR 10-band EQ for about 75 bucks off ebay, so it wouldn't cut too far into your budget either.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Well, would you look at that, problem solved before I could suggest the Metal Muff as well.

Happy trails.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
I have my metal muff and i like it fair enough. But the valveking can do metal or close to metal on its own. The thing about a lot of distortion pedals though is that they have their own tone to them. And although the metal muff is pretty versatile... if you like the tone from your valveking i would definately recommend and OD pedal. Personally thats what I would do. But i would go to the guitar center and try them out.

they usually have valvekings on stock i think... and probably try tubescreamer, and a metal muff on it
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial