Can someone explain the whole Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle thing to me really simply. I don't really understand how to find the key signature from that. Thanks a lot.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
it's the order that sharps are added to the signature

F#
C#
G#
D#
A#
E#
B#

and backwards, it is the order of flats

Bb
Eb
Ab
Db
Gb
Cb
Fb
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Yeah, but how do you tell which key signature it's in when only given the staff with the sharps on it? I can tell what the sharps are on the staff, but don't know how to translate that into which signature it is.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
dude, the flats and sharps order is what you mean. knowing the key signature is simple.

first, see on what sharp the staff is the last one. lest suppose its G, so the flats are F C and G.

then just count the not above G (not on the sharp order, on the scale order CDEFGABC) wich is A. so this means you are in the key of A major.

if you want to know the minor key with sharps, count the note below the last sharp. in this case the sharps are F C and G, so the note below G is F. but in the signature, F is sharp ( F C G ), so you are playing iun F# minor, cuz it got accidented in the beggining
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jun 18, 2008,
in flats the thing is different. first check the flats youve got. lest suppose you have B E A D as flats.

then check the second to last flat youve got, which is A. you are playing in the key of A, but as the A is in the signature, you are playing in Ab major. this is a rule. the second to last flat indicates the key in flat.

the rules only no-go is when your only flat is B. in that case, the key is F maj.

to get the minor key in flat, count 3 notes below your key note (A,G,F). check if the note you got to is flat in the signature. F isnt flat in the key of Ab, so you are playing also in F minor.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI