Ok well I was gone for about 4 hours and I came back. My amp was off, I go to plug it in and it makes this "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" sound through the first input and with the second input the distortion isn't high enough gain. So I ran it through different pedals, by itself, same every time. Then I find the first input place is loose, so I turn it to the right until it's tighter. Same noise. With one cable, when I hold a part of it, the zzzzzzz sound stops, but when I let go it goes again.

I don't think my amp would have broken itself while we were gone?
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
bump halp me
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
I really don't have much of an idea, but it sounds like to me that i'd probably just some sort of connection problem. Just take it to a shop and get them to look at it. It doesn't sound too serious, though.
O O

___
I had a half stack and the same problem happened.. All I did was take into a guitar shop and pay em about 10 bucks. They told me the cab had previously had ****ty wiring and he was surprised it has lasted as long as it did. However he did fix it and he says if the problem persists just let him know and he'll do it for free.
my dad at first thought it was a ground loop problem , but we tried using a ground lift and nothing happened, so we don't know.
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Last edited by aeliustehman at Jun 18, 2008,
Is it tubed or ss?
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Well as you said you found one of the inputs was loose so you turned it till it was tight thats the first place to look. Doesnt take much to twist the input around and short the wires or break the wires.
sounds like the cable...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial