I'm looking at the 333XL and the 6262. Are these good for a backup/main amp? I jsut need something kinda cheap but still good quality. I'm asking cause I'm pretty sure my Uberschall is a lemon and they wont take it back. So yeah. Thoughts, comments, suggestions appreciated.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Probably not too bad of an idea. They sound quite good but I don't know who they'll last in the long run. Some Behringer products I've owned didn't hold up too well but if they use the same warranty, then they'll replace it for free.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Dude, it sucks. It freakin blew 3 power tubes, and keeps shorting out and they cat figure whats wrong with it. But when it works... it WORKS.

So, which Bugera would you guys reccomend. The 333XL looks like a Peavey JSX, but I dont think the 6262 has enough gain for Nu-metal, Metalcore, Hardcore/post hardcore.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
The 6262? Not enough gain for metal? How much gain do you need!?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
well I mean it sounds like the 333XL has more from what I've heard. But I could be totally wrong.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
They both have a stupid amount of gain. They're both voiced differently though. The 333XL being voiced quite loosely like a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier and the 6262 being voice more tight and aggressive like a 6505.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Hmm, that's a tough decision.

Umm, Well you saw what I play, what do you think would be best?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Jun 18, 2008,
its all prefrence really, the 333xl has a smooth gain, and the 6262 has a more raw gain
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
I'd go for the 6260 or 6262. I know a couple guys that have those, and haven't had problems. I keep hearing about a lot of returns on the 333XL, a lot more to go wrong it seems.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
you can't even take your Uber to a tech to get it fixed?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
it would cost more than a new amp.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
jesus, whats wrong with it?
are you saying it would cost as much as a new Uber to get it fixed?
or it would cost ass much as a Bugera to fix it?
I'd rather spend the money to fix an amazing metal amp, then spend it on a budget metal amp (bugeras do sound pretty damn good though).
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
It'd cost like $1500 to fix. and it still might not be right. I'm gonna have someone fix it once I move to California next year and it might be cheaper, but here in Georgia that's the only person that can fix it and its ALOT.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Holy crap. That must be one heck of a lemon!

Lemonschall
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
WTF is wrong with it? Are they replacing everything??? I don't even think, at cost, there's $1500 worth of parts in a Uberschall...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
When they told me what was all wrong with it they said that the circuit board itsself was warped from the heat of the tubes exploding, so yeah, It's pretty much a complete overhaul.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Oh geez man.

Well from experience, my Bugera 6260 has more than enough gain for hardcore, post-hardcore etc. I actually used a low gain retube kit to tame mine a hair (I play in a hardcore-ish band) and still run the gain around 5. This amp is very raw and agressive. If you want a little more versatility, the 6262 might be a better choice, as you have an eq for each channel as well as presence and reverb. Theres a guy on the HCAF that has a pretty impressive gear setup and still uses a Bugera (gigs with it regularly) even. His gear includes

SplawnNitro
EnGl saVage120
KStein+
Bugera6260
2xVader412
Jackson/Charvel

A Pic for the good of the cause.

I have pics of mine from a show last weekend too. It does VERY well live, and hangs with my m8s Mesa with no problems.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Actually he said its in the road case because he used as his main amp two nights ago....
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
TS, did you buy it from Atlanta Music Brokers? They are ****ing assholes. I will never buy anything there. I would assume that Bogner has a pretty good warranty on something like that. Have you contacted them about getting warranty benefits?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by Bloodshed
Actually he said its in the road case because he used as his main amp two nights ago....

Hey ya gotta make sure your backup still works from time to time

And im just given ya hell...

If the amp works for you and you like it thats great man. If they would have been around when i got my VK i might have picked one up myself... But after demo'ing them im really sceptical on there quality and didnt really like there tone id prefer buying the real thing for the same price used...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Hey ya gotta make sure your backup still works from time to time

And im just given ya hell...

If the amp works for you and you like it thats great man. If they would have been around when i got my VK i might have picked one up myself... But after demo'ing them im really sceptical on there quality and didnt really like there tone id prefer buying the real thing for the same price used...

i agree i feel the 5150 just sounds fuller and not as thin.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by FLCLcowdude
TS, did you buy it from Atlanta Music Brokers? They are ****ing assholes. I will never buy anything there. I would assume that Bogner has a pretty good warranty on something like that. Have you contacted them about getting warranty benefits?

Yeah I did. They said they'd send me the warranty in the mail and they never did.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
IbanezPsycho, I know you're just jerking my leg. I love you anyways

It does seem wierd that I ended up falling in love with these cheap amps tho. And honestly, connected to the right speakers it sounds anything but thin. I mean I've had enough decent amps to know a good one when I hear it. These things are pretty dang good. My heart was set on a used 5150 when I bought this one, but after spending 2 hours on each one (they were both in the music store on campus) I bought the Bugera because it fit the sound I was looking for.

To TS, have you tried contacting Bogner, and skipping the store. You could also tell them that that store is a bunch of pricks. I hear Bogner takes care of their own
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
All amps are prone to breaking down. I don't really believe many of the "OMG BUGERA WILL BREAK LULZ" rumours, they're too new to really form an opinion on them yet.
My 333 made it through the first month... I don't think it's even broken in yet... when I crank it it still smells funny.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Thats the ink on the tubes burning. Happens every time you retube for a little bit. Smells excellent doesn't it?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
IbanezPsycho, I know you're just jerking my leg. I love you anyways

It does seem wierd that I ended up falling in love with these cheap amps tho. And honestly, connected to the right speakers it sounds anything but thin. I mean I've had enough decent amps to know a good one when I hear it. These things are pretty dang good. My heart was set on a used 5150 when I bought this one, but after spending 2 hours on each one (they were both in the music store on campus) I bought the Bugera because it fit the sound I was looking for.

To TS, have you tried contacting Bogner, and skipping the store. You could also tell them that that store is a bunch of pricks. I hear Bogner takes care of their own

Love ya too man, but your still not getting my bud light

And that's what it really comes down too if you like the tone and don't mind the cheapness then by all means go for it. I used to love the 5150 as well and would have no other amp but it until i played and purchased my Ultra. Now the 5150 phase is long gone and the next step up from the ultra is going to be something 2000+ so in my eyes the ultra is worth alot more then i paid for it, at least up to that 2000+ mark. So im very happy with my decision much like yourself.
Lol, it's ok, I don't want your Bud Lite...I prefer Guiness!

But yeah, my next amp will be a while as it will be either a Soldano SLO or a Bogner Ecstacy. I MIGHT would spring for an ENGL Fireball if one comes my way tho. I still love my cheapie amp.

And that my friend is what it's all about. Finding an amp that YOU like. Price tag, name, or in this dude's case, reliability, doesn't matter. It's all about getting the sounds in your head to someone elses ears
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed

But yeah, my next amp will be a while as it will be either a Soldano SLO or a Bogner Ecstacy. I MIGHT would spring for an ENGL Fireball if one comes my way tho. I still love my cheapie amp.

And that my friend is what it's all about. Finding an amp that YOU like. Price tag, name, or in this dude's case, reliability, doesn't matter. It's all about getting the sounds in your head to someone elses ears

Love Irish Car Bombs... But im not a big guiness fan, usually i prefer leinenkugels or Blue moon beers.

My next amp is gonna be a Engl Powerball or something along that gain structure. I actually had a Fireball fall in my lap at low volumes man the distortion was extremely nice and pinch harmonics were perfect on that amp. And it really made me fall in love with Engl Amps. But the issue with the fireball is its just not versatile enough and with 60 watts the power tubes break up way to early for my taste. With only on gain knob it made switching channels pretty much impossible. So im going to look into a powerball and maybe a few others. And then when im rich ill upgrade to a Diezel Herbert But thats my plan so far....

I'm probably going to hit them back up and see how low they get in the used market. If there in that $300 range i would pick one up for a project amp. Take it apart mod it and fix all the issues with it. I like to buy amps in the $300 to $400 dollar range to me its like buying a new distortion pedal and there good cheap back ups. So how knows one day i might have one in my collection as well lol
Quote by Bloodshed

exactly, there are noticeable differences between the bugera and 5150.
It all comes down to taste.

Since i really like my 5150 combo, I'll probably just buy a couple pedals (OD and Noise Gate)
Get an extension cab
Replace stock speakers
Then when i have some decent cash flow and some savings(blew them on a car), I'll get it modded by FJA mods.
Then when I'm rich i'll buy an SLO for those awesome lead tones to compliment the 5150's awesome rythym tones.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Sounds like an epic plan....and to IbanezPsycho, you say the Fireball breaks up early...hmmm thats not good, unless I could bi-amp with a Fender Twin. But then I might as well buy the Powerball, or a SLO
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Sounds like an epic plan....and to IbanezPsycho, you say the Fireball breaks up early...hmmm thats not good, unless I could bi-amp with a Fender Twin. But then I might as well buy the Powerball, or a SLO

Yup, she breaks up early much like my Ultra does when i pop it in 60 watt mode. I was hoping i could have gotten away with 60watts too. $900 bucks for 2 week old Fireball would have been nice. But she wasnt was for me so the wait for a powerball or something of that nature continues.