Page 1 of 2
I always hear people saying that they find that all new music coming out is either lame, or boring, or not musical or something like that
Why do u think all new music is boring and nothing like the old music?
Are there any good new music out there? i seem to like new music and the old
Stranger Danger ! What? Huh? Do i Know you? I Don't Talk To Strangers.
the only bad music
is rap, and gay stuff like falloutbitch and mcr and stuff like that :@ grrr
but thats just my opinion
what do you mean? like new music from old bands? or just new bands?

RHCP dont seem to be trying hard anymore, but Testament released a pretty awesome album just a while ago.

There are some great new bands like Airbourne (I like em, even if they're a AC/DC rip-off) and Evile (if you're into thrash metal I guess)

some new mainstream stuff is sick too, I like Coldplay and Nickleback

(oh and my band kicks ass too)
the same people that say there's no good music are the same people that can generalize entire genre's of music and not like them before even listening to them
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
i think people are trying to say that todays music doesn't seem like it has the possibility to be timeless. There are bands around like radiohead and coldplay that may be able to stand the test of time, but that can't really be said for many other bands of our time. It's also hard to say because we can;t really know if a band is timeless unless we wait many many years after theyre gone.

People also refer to the idea of how the radio pumps out music that means nothing. most music on the radio (imo) is just a beat with lyrics that don't make any coeherent sense, or lack any symbolism or meaning. You can still find great music out there, but most things people hear are from the radio and like i said before, the radio is just a source for mainstream garbage music.
I think That there is alot more crap out today then there used to be. Record companies are just looking for the next big hit and dont actually care if the band they are promoting are actually saying anything important. If you think about it The 60's and 70's brought music that actually meant something to the people who listened to it.
Quote by tracerbeast
I think That there is alot more crap out today then there used to be. Record companies are just looking for the next big hit and dont actually care if the band they are promoting are actually saying anything important. If you think about it The 60's and 70's brought music that actually meant something to the people who listened to it.

There's more crap because there's way more music now then there was then. I'd say the ratio of good to bad is still the same as it was many years ago.
listen to mgmt, or the mars volta.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
The popular stuff sucks because it's just simple and boring.

Rap, I dislike it it. It's got a beat and the (sorry about the stereotype) big buff black guy who women find attractive, singing. There is no thought to what they're saying, it's just sex drugs and cappin dem niggas.

Some rap though is pretty good, but I have trouble finding any +I don't really look...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by 6-string-yay
the only bad music
is rap, and gay stuff like falloutbitch and mcr and stuff like that :@ grrr
but thats just my opinion

This statement bleeds with ignorance.

Really, there isn't anything wrong with recent music except for the amount of sexual imagery in some of the more recent pop.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Hell, some of my favorite albums have come out this year. Recent years have been awesome for music. I don't know what the hell you're talking about, TS.
Quote by floppypick
The popular stuff sucks because it's just simple and boring.

Rap, I dislike it it. It's got a beat and the (sorry about the stereotype) big buff black guy who women find attractive, singing. There is no thought to what they're saying, it's just sex drugs and cappin dem niggas.

Some rap though is pretty good, but I have trouble finding any +I don't really look...

Listen to Tupac - Thugz Mansion (Acoustic).
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by synpet713192
Hell, some of my favorite albums have come out this year. Recent years have been awesome for music. I don't know what the hell you're talking about, TS.

If you actually bothered to read the original post, you would've read that the TS "seem to like new music and the old".
Most of it sucks. That's what's wrong with it. Rock was great when every song didn't sound the same.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
If you think that all new music is boring, clearly you aren't listening to the right musicians.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by DarkSound
I always hear people saying that they find that all new music coming out is either lame, or boring, or not musical or something like that
Why do u think all new music is boring and nothing like the old music?
Are there any good new music out there? i seem to like new music and the old

That kind of people are usually 13 year olds thinking they're cool because they like a couple of AC/DC or Led Zeppelin tunes. There's always good music coming out.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Nothing wrong with new music if you look hard enough, or stick your head out of your ass.
Since I don't watch TV or listen to the radio or anything like that I've got no idea of what is popular out in the world today, apart from what I read on forums.
Music I'm interested in I regularly search for, and usually find something that can interest me on a daily basis.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Listen to Tupac - Thugz Mansion (Acoustic).

Its actually a really good song.
Quote by shut_up_n00b
That kind of people are usually 13 year olds thinking they're cool because they like a couple of AC/DC or Led Zeppelin tunes. There's always good music coming out.

Exactly.

'Coincidentally', those are mostly the same people who assume all rap is bad.
I don't think there is anything wrong with new or recent music. The problem is that the music that is promoted heavily, played on the radio and on television, is much worse than any previous decade, with the possible exception of the 80's.

There are lots of negative comments about rap, but rap can be really good. The problem is that Lupe Fiasco, Immortal Technique, Mos Def and co. aren't broadcast nearly as much as the message-lacking, bitches-and-hoes artists like 50 Cent or Lil Wayne.

People also seem to dislike mainstream pop-rock groups like Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance. Disregarding for a moment those who decide to hate these bands because they precieve it as cool to do so, I think people's minds would be changed if they listened to songs other than the ones released as singles. The aim of a single is not to be a groundbreaking musical piece, but to get stuck in your head when you're listening to the radio, making you want to go buy it when you get home. While most nagative comments about the aforementioned bands are based on such songs as Dance, Dance or Teenagers, respectively, I have found that other songs, not released as singles, can be positively brilliant. Examples: FOB's Sophmore Slump or Comeback of the Year and MCR's Disenchanted.

If you like other, less mainstream generes such as metal, punk, folk, etc., just keep an eye out for bands that are flying just under the radar. I'm a big fan of punk, and I have found that just by browsing iTunes, Myspace, Rhapsody, Last FM, or some other music-related site, I can discover a plethora of new bands that are quite good. They are just not on MTV or the local top 100 hits radio station.

So just keep looking. The mainstream does not by any means represent all of what is out there.
kill all humans
Most songs that are made by new bands after 2000 turn out to be fads and the bands themselves break up or go on hiatus after within 5 years. It's also not that it's lame, its just not as good as older music. I prefer the 80's
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Last edited by LazyLatinoRocke at Jun 18, 2008,
There's not less good music it's just harder to find. Earlier there weren't as many bands so there was less crap to wade through before finding a gem. Now many genres are so saturated with bands that it makes the good bands so much harder to find, but when you do find a good band nowadays it feels great and keeps you looking for new musical treats.
Quote by Doppelgänger
If you actually bothered to read the original post, you would've read that the TS "seem to like new music and the old".

And thusly have I received clarity
What's wrong with new or recent audiences? They seem to be to busy whining about music they don't like instead of looking something good for themselves.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Most songs that are made by new bands after 2000 turn out to be fads and the bands themselves break up to go on hiatus after within 5 years. It's also not that it's lame, its just not as good as older music. I prefer the 80's

^^ This, and probably that all the new music the people who say "new music sucks" listen to is coming from MTV.
people tell that too me all the time even though i listen to way more old music than they do just a fraction of newer stuff. it seems too me that w/ this mindset that new music sucks then the industry will die cause noone will buy cds a stuff. it's like in the movie Elf when everybody has to believe in santa for his sleigh to work again. wow i don't know why i just thought of that but it works sorta.

people never seem to be able to discuss music w/out yelling too. that is really annoying
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
That it's extremely simple. All's the same.
It just has a different vibe. I can't explain it. I mean, I like simple music such as The Beatles, so it can't be about it not being complex.
Maybe about the singers style? I can't explain it, but I don't like stuff that isn't 80's- .
I like new bands that have the 80's style however.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by ANTHRAX†
Its actually a really good song.

Yeah, the lyrics are wonderful, and that chorus is just not what you expected, Thugz Mansion, the one that isn't acoustic is almost the same just not guitar it's a beat and it has a different, yet still amazing, chorus.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
i like plenty of new music coming out. i think people are usually talking about more mainstream acts. if you look for lesser known bands, there is much better stuff to find.
I try to look for music that has many different influences so i'm not bored, there out there you just have to look

Fair to Midland is a good example
I think when people say that they're talking about the countless number of pop/rock bands that play the same type of music, and most mainstream rap and hipity hop.
Page 1 of 2