So my parents about 4 years ago got me a jim deacon stratocaster type design. It retails nowadays for about £100 newly bought I believe. So I recently got it down from the loft after having it up there for about a year or so where i didn't play guitar at all. I'm here to ask if you guys could recommend me eq settings for it on my apm. Also you know the 3 knobs on the guitar (2 tones and 1 volume control) should I just have the 2 tones at full all the time?

I feel that I can't get a sound I really like out of it and I was wondering if there was some eq settings that often suit stratocaster like designs or if you know any from experience of say having your first electric that was like this. Thanks

My guitar teacher never once told me about setting up my apm or tone or anything.
well im not going for blues or solo'ing type thing, i want to focus on rythmn for more rock / hard-rock stuff but metallica/pantera sounding stuff would be 2 far. Also I don't want to sound like punk.
hey how would I get a sound like the cure on the track "just like heaven"?
Well I normally have (AMP) my Treble at about 2 o'clock, Mids to 3 o'clock and bass to 11 o'clock with both my tone to full, bridge and middle selected. I get a REAL Bright sound, good for blues and when the dirt is turn on it handles real well.

Unless I wanna go space aged blues sound then I go to Neck and Middle selected the Tone control nearest to me on 5, the bottom one to full and volume to 8 with Chorus I get a real bassy deep blues punch. All this is done on my Fender MIM Strat, give it a go.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
^ *Facepalm* Good point I failed to see that. TS just scrap what I said. Lol.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95