Hey, I'm in need of a new song. It's kind of a long story, but I need a song that would be appealing to seniors, maybe something like Johnny Cash or Elvis. I've been playing for about a year or so, but only listen to metal, so my own tastes aren't really going to matter here. It can be any genre, as long as it's not too heavy. Thanks.
Folsom Prison Blues?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Stairway?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Johnny cash would be excellent for that.

Maybe some beatles? my dads 52 and LOVES the beatles
Depending on your crowd, try blues, try old country?

Stairway? -That's just not right.
Bob Dylan? Simon and Garfunkel? Elton John? Neil Young? John Denver?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Maybe some Buddy Holly?
"What was that?! *Sigh.* Here, hold my 'I Can't believe I'm Helping You' pie and watch this...."
When I think "senior citizen," I think 60+. Probably not interested in hippy music. I suggest a country classic like "Blue Moon of Kentucky" or big band jazz, like "In the Mood." There are tabs for both on UG.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by Free to Guitar
When I think "senior citizen," I think 60+. Probably not interested in hippy music. I suggest a country classic like "Blue Moon of Kentucky" or big band jazz, like "In the Mood." There are tabs for both on UG.

Someone who is 60+ would have been young during the era of "hippie music" - someone who is 68 right now would have just been hitting the big 3-0 when the 70's rolled around - so I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing stuff like Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, etc. etc. (anything from the 60's and early 70's).
i play alot of the older stuff and senoirs will probablly like johnny cash, elvis would be good depending on the song, maybe ,depending on the crowd some jerry lee lewis
Cash and Elvis. "don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing" could be good. There was a lot of good jazz during the 40s
play ring of fire. trust me
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Walk The Line...

or one of my favorites here lately: Ghost Riders in the Sky. Fun to play, also sounds bad ass when you add some distortion.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
someone who is 68 right now would have just been hitting the big 3-0 when the 70's rolled around- so I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing stuff like Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, etc. etc. (anything from the 60's and early 70's).

My experience suggests otherwise. Few of the 68 year olds I know like the Doors or Led Zeppelin. Possibly the Beatles, usually not Bob Dylan. I do, however, live in the South.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.