I know there is a forum that discusses the GuitarPro's ins&outs, but I kinda need to know something quickly if anyone can help right now.
I am new to GP, I have solely been using PowerTab for the last two years, but I need to know how to change the Tempo Markers in GuitarPro.
I'm tabbing something out quickly for a mate and he needs it done soon, so I need any help I get. The song is in 12/8 timing and I need the relative tempo marker (the Quarter Note Marker) like the one's you can select in PowerTab software. I could tab the song out in PT, but this new program is pretty cool and it would be awesome to start with it on a cool song.

Thanks.

DG
AG
Quote by Wylde14
wouldnt 6/8 be much simpler to count?

Well its basically the same thing just doubled. But the riff is played over one bar so I use 12/8 timing. Just like you would use 4/4 instead of 2/2 or 2/4. But anyway, it would still be in two's and I want the tempo marker that pulsates in triplets, like 12/8 and 6/8.
so im assuming you just need to know how to change the time signature? if so theres a little button with 4/4... also i know how time signatures work, 6/8 is just simpler to count, and split the riff over 2 measures
Quote by Wylde14
so im assuming you just need to know how to change the time signature? if so theres a little button with 4/4... also i know how time signatures work, 6/8 is just simpler to count, and split the riff over 2 measures

No mate I didn't mean to assume anything about you and your abilities, I'm just saying even if it were 6/8 timing, I would still have the same problem. I know how to change the timing signature, I just the need the appropriate tempo marker that coincides with that particular timing.
Sorry if I came across as degrading.
Quote by Wylde14
well i have no clue what your talking about, so i cant help

Well to be honest, I think I've figured out, this business that I'm referring to is only availible in PowerTab. I can't find a single song with similar timings that can explain the stupid lack of tempo markers. But thanks.
Quote by TexasFury
This is a bug in GP (I ran into it too), but this is the only workaround I know of. You have to fudge it. Whatever the tempo would be in quarter notes in 4/4 time, take 150% of that time (multiply by 1.5), and that would be your equivalent tempo in 6/8, 9/8, 12/8 (or whatever) in GP.

So if "quarter note = 100" in 4/4

then

"quarter note = 150" in 6/8

Hope this helps

That works! Cheers mate thanks a lot.