http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3ws_trans

this diagram apparently isn't working for me
wiring my selector switch like this, my pickups are silent at all 3 positions. but if i put the switch in the "2 and 4" positions ... as if it was a 5-way, i get sound

now, my 3-way selector doesn't look like this one. it has all the connnector tabs on ONE side, not alternating sides.

ARG!!! i hate this crap. i've spent the last 4 hours completely re-working my electronics. i think i have my knobs all wired up correctly
you mean vintage style 3-way blade?

or do you have a 5-way blade wired differently?

what's the pickup configuration?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you mean vintage style 3-way blade?

or do you have a 5-way blade wired differently?

what's the pickup configuration?

its a 3-way, strat-style, selector switch, but its not like the one in the link that i provided. my 3-way switch has all 8 connector tabs on one side
but i tried wiring my switch as shown in the diagram. it would have worked if it was a 5-way strat-style switch, cuz there was a point were the pickups worked inbetween the 1st and middle positions

AAARRRRGG!!!! NOW I NEED MORE BEER!!!!!!
eff'ing hell

i've got 2 humbuckers. i want
1. bridge
2. bridge/neck
3. neck

eff'ing hell
btw, i meant to post this in the GB&C Section
so if anybody wants to move this thead... please do
cuz i need help with my stupid switch

eff'ing hell. everything was going so smooth. all the de-soldering, and wiring up the concentric Volume knob and the Spin-Splitting knobs

but that eff'ing bastard 3-way blade, strat-style switch. with the connector tabs all on one side... not like it is in this diagram
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3ws_trans

cuz my stitch has all 8 connector tabs on one side. but i still wired it like in this diagram. transposing the connector tabs. right?

arg... so when i went to switch. there was no sound in the 3 positions... but in the "inbetween" positions... where the "5-way" strat-switch would have them... there was sound.

understand? so if i moved my switch slowly across that "zone" the pickup would come on.
right?

so all i have to do is move some wires around. right?

but that's what i can't figure out
yeah sorry, i have a 3 way blade downstairs, but mines got the tabs like in the SD diagram.

what model make, is the switch, or from what brand guitar?
that's probably how you'll find the exact diagram for it.

if no one posts back in here, im sure the guys in custom section can help, just copy paste a new thread there, one of the mods can close this for you.
or you can click edit, on ur first post and choose to delete this thread.

good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
5-Way Switch Explained

Go here, at the bottom it explains how to convert from the switch with the 4 lugs per side as shown in the diagram to the switch with the 8 lugs on one side. I used it when I did up my rewiring and it works perfectly.