well...i feel like putting up some covers/original works on youtube because...well..i dunno...

so i've got this laptop and it's got a built in camera... so does anyone know any good free software/programs that'll let me take video/sound and edit it?
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Besides Windows Movie Maker? Which comes on all Windows-installed computers?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
doesn't windows movie maker only let you import?

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
I wanna do that too.

And no I don't.

If you have a PC, Windows Movie Maker.

If you have a Mac (*sigh*...), then Quicktime.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Windows Movie Maker!
It's actually pretty good.
Just don't add those ghetto effects that makes the video tacky.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

moviemaker....thats what all youtube guitarists use
Originally Posted by InvaderTSN
Step 1: Buy popcorn.
Step 2: Cut hole in bottom of popcorn bucket.
Step 3: Stick penis through hole.
Step 4: Ask date to get some popcorn.
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!
once more...doesn't windows moviemaker only let you import video? not actually take the video....the camera is in the computer...and i can't find a program that lets the camera take video..only pictures, it's capable of video seeing as i used it for video chat

I NEED A PROGRAM FOR TAKING VIDEO...

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Yeah, in movie maker there's a "capture video" thing for webcams... I used it with my eyetoy(PS2 Camera that I never actually used and wasted like $50 on, nifty webcam though)
Quote by bobby_splax
once more...doesn't windows moviemaker only let you import video? not actually take the video....the camera is in the computer...and i can't find a program that lets the camera take video..only pictures, it's capable of video seeing as i used it for video chat

WMM does that.
Quote by xFeatherx
Windows Movie Maker!
It's actually pretty good.
Just don't add those ghetto effects that makes the video tacky.

They're so cool.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
what kind of laptop is it?
If you have a program called quickplay on it, you can get record videos from there with the webcam
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Quote by bobby_splax

Windows Movie Maker captures video as well as audio. You can edit and splice them as well. once you get a recording interface you can even substitute that for the laptop cam.
It sounds like you haven't even ****ing tried this in WMM yet. Jesus, if you looked for two ****ing seconds you would see the Capture Video option.

I won't even waste my time trying to help and explain the ins and outs of capturing, because it is one of the most straightforward movie editing programs out there, but apparently it's harder for you than vecotr calculus, so have fun with that.
Quote by Pauldapro
Windows Movie Maker with Windows Vista does not let you capture video or audio. Only import. Try getting an *cough*wa*rez*cough* version of Ulead Video Studio. Good program.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster