It sounds really clean, only one channel, no gain, ect...I'm guessing built in the 60s? And I found it in my basement lol
Ampeg makes pretty nice tube amps, so I'm guessin that one might be worth some cheese. How does it sound? Crank and see what it sounds like when it overdrives. CLIPS!

Edit: The tubes alone are worth some bucks if they're in good condition.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Good find, but not can't help yah. I would try and find a serial number or search Ampeg's site, as well as clean it up a bit. Might be worth quite a bit.
The tubes need to be changed lol (I'm guessing haven't been changed in 20 years atleast). It sounds terrible and it cracks, the tremolo knob makes a popping sound and the volume seems to die after 5 :S
Why can't I find amps in my basement?! Maybe because I don't have a basement...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
no help on the model, but nice find! I found some old paint cans and spider webs in my basement.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Why can't I find amps in my basement?! Maybe because I don't have a basement...

One of the many things my dad left behind
Ampeg Jet 112. Nice amp.

Now........CLEAN THE POOR THING!!

*correction*
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Last edited by mogar at Jun 18, 2008,
Looks pretty beat up.

Good find though.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Quote by Erock503
no help on the model, but nice find! I found some old paint cans and spider webs in my basement.

Yeah, but you already have a bunch of ridiculous amps. If you found like a bassman in your basement there would be an awesome amp blackhole in your house.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not

Erock definately does not need any more sweet amp-

What am I saying? You can never have enough sweet amps!!!!!

And no help on the model, although isn't that like one of the few types of tube amps Ampeg made?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Erock503

a line 6 spider web?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Yeah, but you already have a bunch of ridiculous amps. If you found like a bassman in your basement there would be an awesome amp blackhole in your house.

I knew I was going to regret posting that pic, it exposed my fiendish gear whoring levels lately. Yeah, I'm in no need of another amp at the moment, I'm still trying to decide what to get rid of, lol. Still, would be cool to find something old and gear related at least once. I'm sick of finding nothing but dust bunnys and mothballs.

Quote by stratman_13

Erock definately does not need any more sweet amp-

What am I saying? You can never have enough sweet amps!!!!!

And no help on the model, although isn't that like one of the few types of tube amps Ampeg made?

oh man, you should see some of the rigs on HC, I mean insane. I have a conservative rig over there!

Quote by chea_man
a line 6 spider web?

haha, my luck isn't that unforunate

I kid though, I have no hatred for the practice size spiders, it's a lot better than the amp I started playing guitar on. A Dean Markley bass amp and a DS1 pedal, lol. I would have been in heaven with something like a Spider!
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Lol, me too eric. I had a squier strat with horrible intonation problems, and a peavey microbass. I am gonna hook up all 3 of my ODs to it, turn all the knobs to full and plug in my squire to it. And then I can audition for worst tone. Like, I am gonna see what the worst possible tone I can make is. Lol.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Nice.

I wish amps showed up randomly in my basement.

But, I have a pretty good pair of amps ATM.
But, I wish I had more just to play around with.

I'd fix that ampeg up. It probably needs new tubes, perhaps the speaker is worn.
But, it'd be worth it to fix.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Crackling and volume dying out means it needs new filter caps. I'd guess the pots need to be cleaned and the tubes need to be changed as well. A lot of those old Ampegs had 7591 power tubes, or some similar type that's hard to find now. You may want to have it converted to 6l6s, it shouldn't be a difficult job. It needs a 3-prong power cord and a cap change anyway, your tech can probably do it for a few bucks more while he's doing those things.
Quote by Roc8995
A lot of those old Ampegs had 7591 power tubes, or some similar type that's hard to find now.

http://tubedepot.com/75917868.html

If that amp does indeed use 7591's, there's a link to some
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator