Hey guys

Just curious but if one is progressing well, then how long have you been typically playing if you can play the Beast and the Harlot solo.

Just asking this because I can play most of Beast and the Harlot but the solo kills me. I just want to know how much experience I should already have before attempting it.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
its not really about time. its just how fast you develop skill. ive been playin for almost three years and i still have trouble with it. but just keep playing it ALOT and you will get it.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
You can play anything....
you just have to know how to practice right.
You can't try to play it full speed the first time through. Play it really slowly. You have to play it slowly enough to were you make ABSOLUTELY NO MISTAKES. USE A METRONOME. Slow it down untill there is 0% unwanted string noise and not a note gets missed. Break it up into sections and practice them separately using this method. Only speed it up once you've practiced a section so much that you can pick up the guitar and do it without even thinking.
Once you have it in your muscle memory, speed it up little by little.

No matter how hard the solo or riff or song, you can learn it like this.
(although I will advise you that such a technical song will take much more practice than learning a only slightly difficult song.)
and remember, ALWAYS USE A METRONOME when practicing a new or challenging song.
Quote by tjhome28
It annoys me when kids sit there playing the sweet child o mine or smoke on the water intro riff repeatedly
and badly
and so loud the whole shop can't hear themselves think
and with the worst amp settings possible

[/rant]

+1
Quote by Xaveir
You can play anything....
you just have to know how to practice right.
You can't try to play it full speed the first time through. Play it really slowly. You have to play it slowly enough to were you make ABSOLUTELY NO MISTAKES. USE A METRONOME. Slow it down untill there is 0% unwanted string noise and not a note gets missed. Break it up into sections and practice them separately using this method. Only speed it up once you've practiced a section so much that you can pick up the guitar and do it without even thinking.
Once you have it in your muscle memory, speed it up little by little.

No matter how hard the solo or riff or song, you can learn it like this.
(although I will advise you that such a technical song will take much more practice than learning a only slightly difficult song.)
and remember, ALWAYS USE A METRONOME when practicing a new or challenging song.

May I ask why the metronome?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
a metronome keeps you in time, but anything takes practice I know most people can't look at a solo once and then play it note for note. It takes time and practice.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name