Page 1 of 4
i've been searching the forums lately and have found a growing number of ug'ers who hate macs. this concerns me and what concerns me is them talking how they like windows xp better considering it was released in 2001. no i know their are certain things that are wrong with mac and apple in general like the fact that they are way too expensive they don't support as many programs and are not as good for 3d graphics but what's up with the bad rap? please explain ug.

btw i recently switched to mac from windows not too long ago and am loving every part of it.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
We can't afford 'em. Ergo, we hate them.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Because mac owners and fankids are totally obsessed and total elitists and feel the need to point out what they feel is their superiority at any opportune (or inopportune, for that matter) moment.

That help?

EDIT: Guy below me = proof
Last edited by synpet713192 at Jun 18, 2008,
I have a mac and I love it. It is superior in every way that I have ever used a PC. I've had my macbook pro for 2 years and there has never been a problem--not one fudging problem.

The reason why people dislike them so much is A) They have yet to actually try or give a mac a chance or 2) A PC satisfies their basic needs and requirements for a computer
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Quote by burrit0
I've seen more people ejaculating over Mac than Windows on this site.

that's probally because and i hate to say it mac users like to brag alot about their macs.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
i have a mac. i like it.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Quote by synpet713192
Because mac owners and fankids are totally obsessed and total elitists and feel the need to point out what they feel is their superiority at any opportune (or inopportune, for that matter) moment.

That help?

Maybe because mac users as a majority are right and they are trying to persuade people to use this awesome piece of technology?
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Eh. Macs are for people who want technology. I just want shit that works.

I don't hate them. I just don't care. I especially don't care for some twat telling me every five seconds how fucking glorious his new Mac is.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jun 18, 2008,
Its true that mac owners brag/obsess over their computers, but thats just because they're so damn good. People see it as bragging at every opportunity, but when something great is on your mind you usually share it. Is it not true that you brag about a new guitar or great song that you wrote at every opportunity? Same with a great computer
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Fat Strat
Fender American Telecaster
Taylor 714ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 300
Macbook Pro
They're too fucking expensive.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
It's mainly because Mac users don't shut up about how much better they are.
And because they really aren't that much better.

I do not have a mac. I want one because I'm not very computer oriented, and I only really go on the interwebz, type word documents, and listen to music.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Waff
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

/thread.

I have nothing against it, but I thought I would share that.

i read this site. the reason that mack fix website exists is for education for people who have questions can get answers and the list of things that go wrong with macs, i have never had one of those. so to the guy who made that pointless website. F*UCK YOU
Quote by shut_up_n00b

+100000
i've had my HP with vista and have had no problems at all.
i like them, my friend has one
personally i'd rather have a PC
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Because they are too damn expensive, and I can do anything on my PC that you can do on your Mac + more. The fanboys are pretty annoying too.
you cant customize it for ****. its slow. i could create a virus for it in 2 seconds. sucks at multitasking. burns out in not even a year.
Mac's are overpriced. But 100% worth it in my opinion.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I own two, guess what I'm on!

Not a ****ing Mac. I don't hate them but I like my good ol XP, although it likes to **** with me all the time it's still awesome .
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Hexagram
Maybe because mac users as a majority are right and they are trying to persuade people to use this awesome piece of technology?

who deems it awesome? Really, I just prefer PC. I won't knock Macs because they run nicely, but I'd take my two year old PC over the new Macbook air anyday. It's all about likes and dislikes, and I like my PC, can't you just let me like what I like and not rub your nose where it doesn't need to be? Don't you have better things to do?
Quote by elekguit
Mac's are overpriced. But 100% worth it in my opinion.

If it's worth it, then it's not overpriced.
I don't hate macs, I also don't like them. Same thing with Windows or Linux.

Macs excel at certain things that Windows and Linux doesn't. Same thing with Windows to Mac and Linux. Same with Linux to Windows and Mac.

I use Windows because I like to play games, not because I'm some elitist bastard. Mac is an amazing OS and company, much respect to them.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
I got Mac just recently and I like it a lot. Never was a big fan of Vista though... XP was the way to go!
Quote by wizards?
who deems it awesome? Really, I just prefer PC. I won't knock Macs because they run nicely, but I'd take my two year old PC over the new Macbook air anyday. It's all about likes and dislikes, and I like my PC, can't you just let me like what I like and not rub your nose where it doesn't need to be? Don't you have better things to do?

pretty much everyone agrees that the macbook air is an overpriced, overrated, bare-to-the-bones computer.

i live macs, simply because i find them to be easier to use. i used to brag, i have stopped, and if youre happy with a pc go for it. but i think they are better machines.
Quote by synpet713192

That help?

EDIT: Guy below me = proof

I have a mac and I like it. Pc's are great too. It's just an operating system and it's all opinion on which you like better. I'm not obsessed or an elitist so try not to stereotype.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
1) They only use Apple "approved" hardware, which makes customization and upgrading very hard.

2) Related to above, you can't just buy a copy of OS X, you have to buy a computer with it pre-installed.

3) The fanboys are so annoying. You like your computer, great. I like my Arch Linux but I don't have a freakin' t-shirt nor the need to tell everyone how great it is.

4) Too dumbed down. Maybe good for some people, but not for me.

5) Wayyy, too expensive. I don't understand the price tag. I could set my computer up like that for free, why pay a huge fee for someone to do it for me? Though I must admit, the Macbooks do have a nice look.
I just hate anything to do with Steve Jobs or his gay ass company. This is due to the undeniable fact that everyone has multiple orgasms over thigns like iPods and iPhones, and Jobs hypes them like Jesus came in a jar, FedEx'd it to him and told him to chare it with the masses.

They're just overbought, and the only good thing they have going for them is Stickies. Plus, that website thing is true, just look at the guy who gets all up in arms about some damn website that doesn't like Macs.

It's more the people, sometimes, as well. Like that guy I just mentioned. Mac fans are just too damn stubborn about their little wonder machine. They're like the straight-edge kids of the computer world.

To sum it all up, Steve Jobs is a big douche bag and I hate his company for being what every little scene kid and the masses drool over as the de facto status quo of technology. Better things exist!

For some more reading (I didn't source these, I just figured the Pit would like these if they haven't seen them):

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Apple

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Mac

Everything on there is fact
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Hexagram

They're not right. They don't know what they're talking about. "It just works" is not a valid persuasion. I've seen them "back up" their persuasions with reasons such as "Apple makes all da parts..so it must be gud" to "u can run windows on it". All of these reasons are retarded and shows no real experience on the part of the users.

Anyways, I don't hate Macs (the OS) at all. In fact, I'm multibooting Leopard along with a few other OS's on my PC. It's pretty nice, but I am not more impressed with it than the other OS'es that I use. I don't like proprietary systems because they're too restrictive and inflexible, so I don't like how the whole Mac system works. I don't like knowing that I, as a consumer, is in the hands of a monopoly, Apple. If I buy an actual Mac system, Apple has every opportunity to charge me more for things that I could do by myself on a PC for less.

It's the fanboys who are the real factor of annoyance and disdain for Macs. They treat their computers (read: a materialistic object) as something higher than it actually is. They think by owning a Mac, they are part of some sort of distinct community, and in some cases, even lifestyle and religion. This is utterly hilarious and pathetic. It's a computer. It's a metal case with a processor, motherboard, memory, and drives. It is profoundly stupid when mac users rave religiously about their computers ("I just recently converted to macs", "I converted my heathen friend from PC to Macs", etc). Their false superiority can best be summed in the South Park episode, Smug Alert. Just replace hybrid cars with Mac computers.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by shut_up_n00b

+1000000000

You could build a computer from mac components for about 3,000 dollars less.
All Jobs does is monopolize his products, overprice them, then make them look "stylish".
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by riffmasterjosh
that's probally because and i hate to say it mac users like to brag alot about their macs.

yea i dont know wut that is, its the same with ipods, iphones and hybrid cars...everyone needs to know u have it.

'Heyi just drove here in a hybrid, im enviromentally friendly'
'Hey i rode my ****ing bike'
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Wish List on Newegg (Comparable to a 24" mac) - $1,258.88
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=11934807

24" Mac - $2,199.00
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/Z0FH?mco=NzMyNjM1

I could build an amazing PC for $2,199.00. If you gave me that mac, I would take it, but run bootcamp. Only because it is better than my PC.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jun 18, 2008,
I just don't like them because I'm to used to Window's.

I use them at school and I don't like the way they're set up.
Page 1 of 4