This saturday my friends and I are going into the city of Montreal to see HEAVY MTL (a heavy metal festival with Iron Maiden headlining). Official rules were laid down stating that it was against the rules to bring particular things to the show

As is reasonable, I certainly didn't think firearms and explosives would be appropriate, but down the list it says that we are not allowed neither FOOD or DRINK on the site unless bought on the premises.
Normally this would be pretty reasonable for any show, but the reason why I call ''injustice'' is because this is an OUTDOOR festival hosted in a public PARK, the show starts at 1 and ends at 12.

These PIGS mean to force us into paying them a bloated amount of hard earned money for lunch, dinner and anything else in between.

I believe however to have devised a way to beat their system.

On their list of permitted items SUNSCREEN is one of the things allowed. What if I were to buy a bottle of sunscreen, empty it and clean it, and stash food or drink within ?

Of course further precautionary steps would have to be taken, to make sure the bottle weighs and feels like it's filled with ordinary sunscreen but aside from that it sounds liek a full proof plan

What do you think?
Tell them you have diabetes. Then they have to let you have some sort of snack with you.

Probably won't work.
i think it would be most likely the world's most tedious and annoying task to completely clean out a tube of sunscreen to make it sanitary, let alone make it convincing that it's sunscreen.
Just eat real well before. And buy something small if you don't want to spend too much money.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by synpet713192
Tell them you have diabetes. Then they have to let you have some sort of snack with you.

Probably won't work.

This

If that doesnt work, deal with it. Is it worth the small amount of money you have to pay to miss the festival? Sunscreen idea is stupid and wont work, don't do it. Even if they let you in, how much can you even store in a thing of sunscreen. Either way, if you don't clean it out properly, you may get to taste sunscreen. And that might be poisionous

In short, stop being stupid and suck it up
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Lol @ Ts, enjoy that meal you fit in there.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Last edited by Jericho114 at Jun 18, 2008,
So you're gonna waste time and money to pour sunscreen out and clean the bottle (which probably won't hold a lot) so you can save a couple of bucks on food?
That's really stupid, but it'll be worth it, ENJOY!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I'm pretty sure if I saw someone drinking sunblock I'd know something was up.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Security Guard: Sir, what is in that bottle?

TS: *shows bottle* sunblock

TS: *chugs*

Security Guard: WTF???
Cleaning it thoroughly should only take me about 10 minutes of my spare time.

I'd get one of the fairly larger bottles, and crush a few sandwiches or burritos inside.
Dude, honestly, at all the long hot all day concerts I've been to, I have never got hungry. And I eat a whole hell of a lot. Just dish out a few bucks for a meal at the beginning of the day and as long as you stay hydrated thru the day, you'll be fine.
I have all I want and I'm not okay, I'm funny that way...
- Rob Heinrich
that might work.

most likely you can take in water. ive been to a few longer festivals like that, and most have similar rules. they all let you take water with you though.

but i never really had a problem with hunger. as long as you stay hydrated you will be fine. otherwise spend like $7-8 and get something to eat. its not going to cause you to go poor.
Get a friend to go in first and throw stuff over the fence to him. Then run when the guards see you doing it.
No.
Quote by Rising
but aside from that it sounds liek a full proof plan

This is why.
Quote by FLUX_
No.

This is why.

I meant ''fool proof''. Think about the plan, NOT spelling mistakes or expressions I used with error.
too bad you're not taking a chick with you. She could just put the booze in her purse
Quote by Free Time
too bad you're not taking a chick with you. She could just put the booze in her purse

They search bags and search you.

Yeah they wanna be SURE that they can **** you out of the money you earn.
It's not so much that it'l make me poor, it's a matter of principle.

Have you heard of the gas companies who were busted by ilegally raising their prices ?

The government is not only fining them (which is fine and just) but they are also taking all the profits that came from the illegally raised prices.

They're NOT giving us back our money, there is NO justice, we just traded one villain for another, they JUST got away with daylight robbery and theres nothing we can do about it.

So really... **** them.
Good evening sir, I do not feel like giving you my opinion. Good day.

sorry nothing against you, just the thread title made me want to say that. And I'd just buy the damn food, festival food usually kicks ass anyways, popcorn and hot dogs w00t

EDIT:
Quote by Free Time
too bad you're not taking a chick with you. She could just put the booze in her boobs

Correct
Get a portable amp (15w) and stash it with food. If someone questions you, say "I'm with the band".
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by Rising
They search bags and search you.

Yeah they wanna be SURE that they can **** you out of the money you earn.
It's not so much that it'l make me poor, it's a matter of principle.

Have you heard of the gas companies who were busted by ilegally raising their prices ?

The government is not only fining them (which is fine and just) but they are also taking all the profits that came from the illegally raised prices.

They're NOT giving us back our money, there is NO justice, we just traded one villain for another, they JUST got away with daylight robbery and theres nothing we can do about it.

So really... **** them.
They're running the damn thing. They have every right to make their rules as arbitrary as they want. A festival isn't a necessity like gas.
Quote by grampastumpy
They're running the damn thing. They have every right to make their rules as arbitrary as they want. A festival isn't a necessity like gas.

After I posted, I was like yeah alright lame thread lagging, then I looked over and saw grampastumpy posted and I was like shit, this thread is cool! So yeah...he's right. What did you say again