Quote by ckellingc
What kind of terrain? Dirt tracks?

Yeah mainly dirt singletrack stuff, some gravel, and probably some pavement for commuting. As far as trail content; nothing to gnarly. I want to be able to hit some kickers and ride over small fallen trees/limbs on the trail but no huge jumps or drops or anything. Just a basic all around mountain bike is what I'm looking for without spending too much. Unfortunately my uncles shop specializes in road bikes so the only mountain bikes I can get are Felt, KHS, and Redline like I said. I can probably spend $350-$400 and he can get me about 30% off on any of those brands.
Looks good. I ride an entry level Jamis and I love it. I use for exactly what you're gonna use yours for (single dirt track, some commuting). The specs are very similar to my Jamis. I've heard of Felt and Redline, but none of the shops around me carry those brands. I don't know anything about KHS. Get it, you can always upgrade later if you need to.
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Quote by bubbaearl
Looks good. I ride an entry level Jamis and I love it. I use for exactly what you're gonna use yours for (single dirt track, some commuting). The specs are very similar to my Jamis. I've heard of Felt and Redline, but none of the shops around me carry those brands. I don't know anything about KHS. Get it, you can always upgrade later if you need to.

Yeah the Q-Series from Felt basically all have the same frame so I figure if I do get really into it I can swap parts over the next couple years (Maybe some hydraulic brakes, better derailures, wheels, etc) it really all depends on where I go with it but the price seems right for a decent bike.