I'm looking for a new amp, as the used Fender Twin I picked up recently just isn't to my tastes (for a variety of reasons I won't get into).

I'm looking for something capable of ranging from classic - alternative - hard - modern rock. As I jam with friends quite a bit it needs to keep a great rock tone, especially into the high volumes (our drummer basically hits the drums as loud as he possibly can). This amp must sound great live. I also play a variety of styles ranging from funk to blues. Mainly I am interested in good sounding distortion, nothing too heavy however. Good sounding cleans are important, but take a backseat to the overdrive tone. I play a Fender Strat, and my budget is around $1000CND (any higher than $1200 is a no go as I'm also saving for school). I've been reading a great deal of reviews but I am still having trouble finding the amp that is right for me. Any advice is greatly welcomed. Thanks.
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
Krank Amps are great along with Line 6 amps too Krank is more of a heavier sounding amp though. check out both but i think a line 6 would do they job
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Hmm.. A Vox AC30 would do the job, but would somewhat top over your budget.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Traynor YCV 80. Loud and toneful.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
get a Crate gtd65. there loud and sound great. if their still not loud enuf just buy 2!
Thanks for the replies guys. I forgot to mention that I am mainly looking for a tube amp only. The wattage really has no need to go over 50-60 for my uses as for now it is only for bassment jamming and small-medium sized venues. Also I could go over $1200, but it would have to be damn worth it. If possible I am looking to buy used.
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
Mesa F50, Rectoverb, a Rivera of some sort... Good modern rock sounds, good cleans, certainly within your budget used.

You could go with a Traynor YCV 40 and save yourself a ton of money, too. Great amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by f22master
get a Crate gtd65. there loud and sound great. if their still not loud enuf just buy 2!

Excuse my French, but...

LOL Que?

2 of those would be the tonal equivalent of a chainsaw cutting through styrofoam.

You know, Traynor YCV's, Peavey Classics, and AC30's all have great rock tones.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by BiOhAZarD722
Krank Amps are great along with Line 6 amps

Because they're both in guitar hero?
ugh...

back on track,

I'd say the f50 is a good option
Quote by saltysnail
Because they're both in guitar hero?
ugh...

lol You wouldnt believe how many kids I get at work asking about those because they play Gaytar Hero. I work at a music shop and its always "guitar hero" this and "guitar hero" that.

Anyway...to get on topic....

*Insert generic answer here*

(thats basically what everyone else said)
Quote by BiOhAZarD722
Krank Amps are great along with Line 6 amps too Krank is more of a heavier sounding amp though. check out both but i think a line 6 would do they job

no

Quote by slatsmania
Traynor YCV 80. Loud and toneful.

yes
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by BiOhAZarD722

Sorry, I hate guitar hero. But on the other hand I will definately check out the YCV.
You wanna give me that Twin? I'll take it off your hands
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
You might want to give a classic 30 a try. Great with cleans, and good OD
kidding about what? my crate gtd65 rocks. it will kick any other amps ass anywhere near 160 bucks!
yeah, but he has 1000 so why would he get a crap 160 dollar amp?

I second the YCV40 or the YCV50 blue. Made there in canada as well. I can say that the f-50 would be a good choice too.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If you could pick up another $300-$500 I'd definatly check out a Framus Dragon or Splawn Quickrod. Both are very versatile, have great leads, full tone, and lots of balls.

I'm not trying to recommend you something that I'm using because I'm using it, but because I believe in it. Great stuff man. Especially the quickrod.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
maybe a Ceraitone jcm 800 clone + an avatar 2x12 cab = $1000
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it.

Quote by f22master
kidding about what? my crate gtd65 rocks. it will kick any other amps ass anywhere near 160 bucks!

I actually already have a 65 watt transistor crate so no need for another one.

Anyways I've decided to buy a new guitar as well (MIA Stratocaster) so it looks like I am going to be very, very poor come school in September. Oh well.