I recently purchased a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst from my local shop, after I brought it home I ran the serial number and found out it was made in 1996. It reads "Les Paul Model" on the headstock under the Epiphone Logo, and reads the word "Gibson" down the neck bolt cover. It has 22 frets, set neck at the 16th fret, trapezoid inlays, 3 way rythm / treble switch and a volume and tone control for each pickup. Looks identical to a actual Gibson Paul....

I seen a picture of a Elitist Paul and it had the "Gibson" down the cover also, so I was currious that mine was a Elitist... Only I didn't know if they were manufactured in 1996. The place I looked up the serial number on said it was manufactured in Japan I believe.. I can't really remember.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Chad
Many Epiphones say Gibson on the truss rod covers. My cheap LP-100 did as well as my Epi acoustic.
check the headstock
elitists headstocks have this shape
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
headstock doesnt look like that, and it does not have grover tuners like the newer models, just currious if it would be different since it was a 1996 model

my headstock has more curves in it in the top part
well, you already mentioned it's an Epi Les Paul STANDARD, so it's not an ELITIST.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
well i thought it was cause i know its not a custom or studio so i thought that meant it was a standard?

im new to this stuff remember... lol

oh by the way it has tophat volume and control knobs if that means anything lol
the knobs are the same
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Ask if you can join it's club?

And maybe if it doesn't let you, it's an elitist, lying, evil guitar.

:p

Anyways, don't Elitists have like this logo thing on the back of the neck?