okay so ive been assigned to get some arpeggios for my bands song, the other guitar is doing power chords and they come out as, F, g sharp, c sharp, and c

so that means, naturally to start off arpeggios starting on those notes correct?

so for example i remember i believe you use the 1 3rd and 5th roots right? so that means f is- F A C. i can make it a 3 string arpeggio ,but i want 5 string ones. i dont know how to do that.. is there a easy why to find those kind of arpeggios?

thanks for the help i know its kinda alot.. im trying my best to learn this stuff by myself
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
first off, all of the power to you, you seem to be on the right track. but there are a few things.

first of which that there can only be one "root" note so in the key of F the root is F, the rest are the other degrees of a scale, AKA major/minor third, perfect fifth.

best way to do it by yourself if you really want to be creative is check out all of the notes on your guitar, copy em out onto a large piece of paper, with the shape of a guitar, so you can just look at the fretboard and match the frets with the notes you might need maybe colour code stuff that you are already familiar with? idk... just a suggestion.

by the way, don't forget inverted chords/arpeggios, you might think it's the root at the lowest note, but alot of the time you could actually be playing the second or third inversions of a tri-ad. second inversion goes ascending 3 5 Root third goes 5 root 3, and they sound good with the octave included on the top three strings

I think I've even posted tabs on another thread for the second inversion, but didn't know what they were called at that point.

anyways, if you draw out all of the notes on the fret board you can see how to play both octaves of triad arpeggios and I think that may help you out a lot.

good luck mate, happy shredding
thanks for the imformative post filthylittleboy, and good idea matt. and uh troll? thanks
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212