This may have been made sometime in the past but... Oh well.

Anyone else like Ten Years After? Alvin Lee is so awesome. Most of his stuff was pretty basic blues but he was a fantastic player, watching him play during solos and stuff he just goes nuts. "I'd Love to Change the World" and "Stoned Woman" are probably my favourites, I have yet to hear Cricklewood Green but I hear it's one of their best. Anyone?
One of my favorite a lot of Chuck Berry. I discovered him while watching Woodstock. He blew me away with "I'm going home." My favorite songs right now are once there was a time, highway of love, rock n' roll music to the world, and 50000 miles beneath my brain.

EDIT: and to your Thickfreakness avatar.
I wish I knew them a bit a better, I know ssssh and Stonedhenge pretty well, I own the two on vinyl as well as A Space in Time but I've only listened a couple times.

Is that link in your signature an LP list??? Hot damn! I've had to start my collection from scratch so I have about 80 right now but you probably have most of them. I see you have quite a black keys collection, I only have thickfreakness on vinyl.
Yeah, man. I also discovered Ten Years After while watching "I'm Going Home" from their Woodstock set. If nothing else, Alvin Lee's gotta be one of the fastest guitarists out there. They played at Bluesfest in Ottawa last year, minus Alvin Lee, (is he still alive??) but it was still pretty bitching.
Quote by Hasil
minus Alvin Lee, (is he still alive??)

Yes, Alvin is still alive.

The original Ten Years After line-up split after the album Positive Vibrations during the mid-1970s. Alvin has since released several solo albums (which i have actually never listened to, though some Ten Years After albums, such as A Space in Time, definitely show a dominance in Alvin, as opposed to Ten Years After as a band).

From articles and interviews I have read, he appears to be quite reclusive, and lives in England...somewhere...

Anyways, the new guitarist is named Joe Gooch. I know that the band has released either one or two studio albums with him, but I have not picked any up. I have, however, watched several videos of the new rendition of Ten Years After (performing songs from Alvin's era of the band), and they are still smoking. I see Gooch's (what a great name ) relation to Ten Years After similar to that of Steve Morse's to Deep Purple. Both guitarists are great, and use techniques (such as tapping) that were generally unseen with the original guitarists, showing how these relatively young guitarists implement the innovative techniques pioneered by their guitar heroes.
That you mention that, I do recall hearing about a new album a while ago. I still haven't bothered to venture into his post-Ten Years After career yet, but I'm assuming it's fairly good.

Are you familiar with this work?
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
That you mention that, I do recall hearing about a new album a while ago. I still haven't bothered to venture into his post-Ten Years After career yet, but I'm assuming it's fairly good.

Are you familiar with this work?

Nope.

It got good reviews on amazon though. You can listen to samples too.
http://www.amazon.com/Saguitar-Alvin-Lee/dp/B000UVLT2M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1214065089&sr=8-1
Thanks. Many of the tracks seem to present the idea that Alvin has gotten into shuffle blues.

Quote by Chetro
I don't really like that the band kept going without Alvin seeing as he was the primary songwriter.

Which is why the band has only released one studio album since Joe Gooch joined (as I have found out after rechecking my sources).

Though my listening to post-Alvin Lee Ten Years After only comprises of YouTube videos, I have noticed that there is much more variation in the music during the solos and jams than when Alvin was with the band. If you listen to, say, live performances of Good Morning Little School Girl or I Can't Keep From Cryin' Sometimes from various recordings you'll find that you can almost begin to predict a lot of it; Alvin uses the same licks, even solos, often straying a into a few licks from other songs (such as Sunshine of Your Love). It's great, of course, but since Joe joined the band it doesn't seem as though this is the case anymore; it's as though the music can go anywhere at anytime.