I've been looking for a new guitar for a couple months now. I first came across one of B.C. Rich's War Beast guitars. I liked it, but then i found this one. Laguna

Is it a good guitar? I play a lot of old school rock and heavy metal (Think metallica, forigner, Black Sabbath)

Even links to some other guitars would be great!
I dont know how the War Beast is but I had a Warlock, and hated it. The necks are extremely wide and hard to play, and my Warlock was a weird shape so it was hard just to pick it up and play it, pretty much had to be standing up.

However its your guitar, your money, your personal preference.
well it has a humbucker, which would be good for more of the heavier stuff.

looks nice. comes with a trem.

if its anything like an ibanez it would be a good guitar for metal. but like ive said, try ibanez if you want that kinda look. otherwise just try a bunch out see which sounds the best.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Well we cant help unless we know your budget, and other things.

So, budget? Amp?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by SHiLLySiT
I've been looking for a new guitar for a couple months now. I first came across one of B.C. Rich's War Beast guitars. I liked it, but then i found this one. Laguna

Is it a good guitar? I play a lot of old school rock and heavy metal (Think metallica, forigner, Black Sabbath)

Even links to some other guitars would be great!

never liked b.c. rich they just seem more for their cosmetic look, go with a les paul if u wanna have a decent sound for those styles, but then it still comes down to what your playing through
Quote by CWALTERS
I dont know how the War Beast is but I had a Warlock, and hated it. The necks are extremely wide and hard to play, and my Warlock was a weird shape so it was hard just to pick it up and play it, pretty much had to be standing up.

However its your guitar, your money, your personal preference.

Really? I can play it sitting down but can't play it at all standing up lol. The way the strap buttons are it just lies completely horizontal. But I probably shouldn't just drag this off topic...hey I'm from wv too lol
Quote by plastic_anarchy
never liked b.c. rich they just seem more for their cosmetic look, go with a les paul if u wanna have a decent sound for those styles, but then it still comes down to what your playing through

Les paul for metal? Lol.
Oh well, I just started playing a little over a year ago. I recently bought a new amp. It's a special order from guitar center; the Behringer v-tone modeling amp. But now I'm craving a new guitar. I'm trying to stay within a 500 dollar range, not yet ready to spend THAT much.