I'm using Hardy Heron Ubuntu, and I realized that my mp3s are a mess. I've been trying to add artist names and remove excess ".mp3"s from the end of song titles, but it just takes way too long.

Is there a program that could automatically remove the .mp3 at the end, and that would allow me to group songs together and have it remove the artist from the song, but insert the correct artist name where it belongs?
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
lol no joke, over the period of like 4 months I spent about 40 hours organizing music. perfect now though :P
I tried to find a program, like that, but alas, I don't think they exist.

If someone finds one though, hooking me up would be the preferred course of action.

I spent a decent chunk of time a couple months ago organizing stuff into folders, and renaming tracks, artists, etc...
ittl probably change everything to "cute webcam girl has orgasam on webcam" like limewire did. glad i moved on to torrents.
Doesn't Amarok (Linux) update your songs using information from Wikipedia?

My friend once gave a whole bunch of songs that had numbers infront of the names and I always wondered if I could write some program in Python or something to remove it (it was always the first 5 characters ex 0018 ). Well I ended up changing everything manually.
Quote by acersucks
Doesn't Amarok (Linux) update your songs using information from Wikipedia?

My friend once gave a whole bunch of songs that had numbers infront of the names and I always wondered if I could write some program in Python or something to remove it (it was always the first 5 characters ex 0018 ). Well I ended up changing everything manually.

Currently checking this out. From what I read, it does indeed have such a function.

And for all of your Mac/PC users out there, the next release supports you!
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.