Hey guys, I have a good overdrive pedal for my BJ but im looking for something that will get it pretty dirty. what distortion pedal(remember not overdrive) would you suggest? or is there something i can add to use with the overdrive that will give it more kick?
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
2 overdrives, 1 signal!

...Wait a minute...

If you wanted to have a clean boost run before or after your overdrive, you can get more dirt without adding too much transistor distortion.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You can throw another OD in front of it. That's what a whole bunch of blues artists did back in the day (Stevie Ray Vaughan and Billie Gibbons included). You can run a fuzz, too.

What's your budget?
ehh doesnt really matter too much but id like to keep it at about $100 or under new. id probably buy from ebay though
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
What kind of distortion are you looking for?
im not exactly sure. i guess somewhat heavy-er sound. basically like this sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5j86F4AYsQ

i know hes going thru a deville and using a rat for distortion so would a rat give me that? what else would you suggest?
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
well, i don't know if that was the best example of guitar distortion or 'pretty dirty'.

are you talking about the chorus or bridge part like at 1:05?

if he is using a Rat then i bet you could pull that off on your BJ.

otherwise, do the two OD thing as mentioned above. bumpy.
My friend is building some pedal called "Brown Sound In a Box." its a kit from generalguitargadgets.com. if he gets it done anytime soon ill let you know how it sounds. i heard it on a youtube video and it sounded pretty good, its supposed to sound like a marshall turned to 11 haha. its still an OD pedal though, but one of the dirtier ODs.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.