Hello everyone. I was considering purchasing the Ibanez RGT42DX in the white color after playing it in the store, and was curious of everyone's opinion's on it. I heard that the edge III tremolo was a poor choice, but the guitar played so good to me, I was wondering if it was manageable, or if perhaps there was a good guitar I could get as an alternative.

I have been playing guitar for about a year, and some of my favorite guitarists are Slash, Buckethead, Tom Morello, Jimi Hendrix, Kirk Hammet, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and John Petrucci.

Some of my favorite bands are Guns n Roses, Velvet Revolver, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, System of a Down, Metallica, Finger Eleven, Green Day, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Nickelback, Stone Temple Pilots, Motley Crue, Smashing Pumpkins.

Is this guitar a good choice for my likes, and how is the quality?
It is definitely a very good guitar and since you've already played it and say you like it I would say it suits your tastes find and the quality is among the best you'll get for that price, the only other company I'd be looking at would be Schecter but I really like Ibanez RGs.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
the EDGEIII isn't that bad most people who get it don't know what the hell to do with it. The problem with it is that it wears out faster than other trems.

but for 699 ID get a guitar with a better trem, the neckthru is nice tho.